03-26-2016 11:15 PM
1,870 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Microsoft never committed to a February 29th release. That was posted by Microsoft Mexico in error. The post was removed and an apology was given. At this point no one knows when Windows 10 Mobile will be released for older Lumia models. It could be March, perhaps even April. The fact remains, no one knows. Microsoft may not even know themselves.
    But they said not later than February!!
    02-29-2016 01:47 PM
    I honestly could care less what Microsoft "said". There has been no firm announcement from the company regarding the future of Windows 10 on devices that predated the Lumia 950 and 950 XL. It's a crap shoot. At this point Microsoft could come out and say that they are unable to provide a consistent end-user experience on the OS using older hardware. They could decide to shelve the project for the time being and allow people to help development with Windows Insider.
    02-29-2016 01:51 PM
    Update madness!!! Its always the same, crazy, frantic, desperate gaggle of posts anytime an update is "near", rumored or otherwise. Denim, Cyan, Black, Amber, the same madness descends on WP users and the pleading questions to the ether ring out seemingly every few seconds. I frankly don't see why anyone would be bothered by them, why not just ignore them? Updates come when they come, whining about it (or whining about the whiners! :) ) wont make it come any faster.

Relax and to outside and smell the roses for a change, there's more to life than an update!
    02-29-2016 02:04 PM
    Don't know where you got that from, but you're really wrong. Please stop spreading FUD. Thank you.
    02-29-2016 02:18 PM
    Don't know where you got that from, but you're really wrong. Please stop spreading FUD. Thank you.
    There was windows central post!!
    http://m.windowscentral.com/windows-...l-end-february
    02-29-2016 02:53 PM
    I think we all need to chill. Using build 107 and now Redstone, its a ways off for stability. 122 CU may fix some issues, but I jumped ahead and don't want to revert. 122 could be just a CU for current WM10, or it could be close to the final. Newer W10M phones are still only coming with .63 to start. Give them some time, they're trying. Have some faith in Microsoft.
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-29-2016 02:53 PM
    Have faith? In Microsoft? Blasphemy.
    02-29-2016 03:17 PM
    'likely' doesn't mean definately / promised / announced etc. I'm fairly confident that WC were not out to misinform. They often say 'pinch of salt' as the rumours and suppositions are jumped on as fact.

Welcome to what it feels like to have an older Android device. They regularly get bounced with updates.
    unuzerounu likes this.
    02-29-2016 03:21 PM
    Sites are going to report on data they deem to be reliable. With no credible proof a final Windows 10 Mobile build was going to be released to the public, a "by the end of February" blurb didn't seem out of the ordinary and actually quite plausible. What I think has happened is Microsoft fell behind schedule and the recent announcements by the Insider team have shown that they are working towards making the update process as seamless as possible. Microsoft knows this isn't ready, or if they have a feature complete build they aren't releasing it until they have a proven delivery method that doesn't bork the 100 Windows Phones out in the wild still. (I'm joking....)
    02-29-2016 03:26 PM
    The Feb 29 date was probably meant for the next Feb 29. Not this one but the next one. That means in four years from now lol /sarcasm
    02-29-2016 03:58 PM
    Oh, I fully understand that these are two different OS systems but when they are not only Marketed... but also Branded that same... hey... 9 months is still 9 months. Does it sound better written as 3/4 of a year?
    02-29-2016 04:08 PM
    The Feb 29 date was probably meant for the next Feb 29. Not this one but the next one. That means in four years from now lol /sarcasm
    I agree with u the 29th February is probably 2017 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm now used to the win10mob disappointment from MS
    02-29-2016 04:13 PM
    And where in that article does it say that Microsoft said "End of February"? Exactly... nowhere...
    The article reads: "likely pushed back until end of February". Likely! As in nobody knows for sure...
    That's still true today... nobody knows...
    Guytronic and Abhishek99 like this.
    02-29-2016 04:41 PM
    Oh, I fully understand that these are two different OS systems but when they are not only Marketed... but also Branded that same... hey... 9 months is still 9 months. Does it sound better written as 3/4 of a year?
    Nothing can make it sound better. I'm not sure if you grasped my point, but you did just help me make it...

If it's branded as being the exact same thing, it only seems logical to expect it to be just as "finished" for phones as it is "finished" for laptops. That you are even comparing it to W10 and thinking the time span between the two release dates is galling is exactly my point. It shouldn't be galling to you if you grasp that they are technically different OSes.

The false marketing and branding (which sets expectations) just makes it galling (in addition to it initially being expected in December).
    Guytronic and Abhishek99 like this.
    02-29-2016 04:52 PM
    Reading comprehension aside, I think the forums could share a bit of good will by correcting some of the FUD out there regarding the official roll out of Windows 10 Mobile. How? For starters, if someone cites a recent article where the information available at the time says it's likely to be the end of February, don't assume everyone will interpret that the same way. Yes, basic reading comprehension is a skill that may be sorely lacking. When was the last time you exhibited the same behavior? To be fair, it was probably recently and handled without much fanfare.

The next thing people could do is just share one sticky thread that simply states the availability of Windows 10 Mobile is not yet known, everything that is presented at this time is pure speculation unless there is an official statement from Microsoft. Politely warn forum users that a temporary ban is possible for re-posting this information. If a moderator sees the thread or one is reported to them, the ban hammer is dropped. If a thread is created and several white knights appear to outright deny the rumors and refute them as mere speculation, you know plenty more with compliments up to their eyeballs are going to partake in the discussions.

Plain and simple, let the staff at Windows Central do their job and report on the facts. If you want to dive into the cesspool of rumors, there are plenty of other websites that offer this up in spades. Windows Central isn't perfect, I felt early on that they were Nokia Central and there wasn't much early on with the coverage on the Lumia 900, 920, 925, 1020, etc. to challenge that. But people get their undies in a wad because phone wars are real wars, and real wars cost human lives.

I really want to believe that an update is pending in the next 30 days but I have little faith in that actually happening. Not because Microsoft doesn't want to, they just cannot. Newer hardware won't sell if the existing hardware can be updated and run just as well. The last sentence was my opinion, and does not necessarily reflect what will actually happen.
    02-29-2016 04:57 PM
    When was the last time you exhibited the same behavior? To be fair, it was probably recently and handled without much fanfare.
    You might want to use the quote function to make it clear what you're taking a position on. I'm not sure if the above is directed at me.

The next thing people could do is just share one sticky thread that simply states the availability of Windows 10 Mobile is not yet known, everything that is presented at this time is pure speculation
    Take a look at the first two posts in this thread. That's exactly what this thread is. The situation has been clear for months, and often communicated here. People just don't want to hear it.

The problem isn't that people don't know that there isn't and never was a clearly communicated release date. It's also not that people can't read.

The problem is mainly that humans tend to hear what they want to hear. Anybody that wants W10M will naturally want to believe the rumour that W10M will be out on day X. That's a far more welcome message than what I'm offering, which has always been "forget X, it's likely BS and we just don't know." Nobody wants to hear that.

The more welcome message then gradually gains in popularity and is repeated throughout the interwebs, causing even the more critical thinkers to assume MS must have made some commitment to release on day X, because why else would everyone be saying it?

Don't get me wrong though. MS also has more than their fair share of blame in this. They've always sucked at PR and consumer communications.
    Last edited by a5cent; 03-01-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-29-2016 05:34 PM
    It's already march starting.
    Till now all rumour date r fake.
    I think MS say that update will available for public in starting of 2016,but may be they make I with ending of 2016.
    Those who not getting patience for official update please go through insider .
    Abhishek99 likes this.
    02-29-2016 08:19 PM
    'm updating my WP8.1 to Windows 10 NOW!!!!
    EDIT:Without Insider Program.
    EDIT 2:My phone is Lumia 535!!!!!
    Abhishek99 likes this.
    02-29-2016 09:11 PM
    yup. Either way I think we are in agreement. :-)
    Abhishek99 likes this.
    02-29-2016 09:13 PM
    It's already march starting.
    Till now all rumour date r fake.
    I think MS say that update will available for public in starting of 2016,but may be they make I with ending of 2016.
    Those who not getting patience for official update please go through insider .
    That's the reason I joined insider and got it three weeks back.
    02-29-2016 09:14 PM
    via Insider Preview huh?
    02-29-2016 09:15 PM
    What?
    02-29-2016 09:15 PM
    Which Location??
    02-29-2016 11:12 PM
    Can't wait? Use Windows Insider :)
    02-29-2016 11:25 PM
    Yes, you are. Just like I'm running Windows 10 Version 1610 stable release right now.
    Abhishek99 likes this.
    03-01-2016 01:25 AM
1,870 ... 4546474849 ...