The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-26-2016 11:15 PM
1,870 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Seriously, when will they bring out Windows 10 mobile? My email is full of "Windows 10 is so amazing on mobile AND Pc" coming from Microsoft. They need to stop advertising and start upgrading us to windows 10 mobile.

Honestly, I've given up on windows 10 mobile, sure, when it comes out I will be upgrading. And I will be very happy about it. But now I have stopped clicking the "Check for updates" every day hoping it will say SOMETHING. Every month I will search up on bing "Windows 10 mobile release date." It usually comes up with "Windows 10 mobile will come out in December 2015"
    Yep, 4 MONTHS IN THE PAST.

They have delayed by 4 months. Soon it will become 6 months, in which case I'm just going to lose hope completely.

6=1/2 a year.

Windows 10 mobile just annoys me...
    jgch likes this.
    03-03-2016 02:12 PM
    prakash, That list is from december so it's outdated.
    03-03-2016 03:36 PM
    I'm looking forward to the official release of Win10 mobile just as much as the next guy, but is there really a need to be so dramatic when discussing the delay?
    December was just over 2 months ago, not 4. Even if you expected them to release it on December 1st, that is literally only 3 months ago.

I would love to have an official release but it still feels not complete in terms of stability or even features, so if it takes another couple months to get it to the proper point I'd much rather they wait.
    03-03-2016 03:54 PM
    Sorry Microsoft, I gave up and ditched my Lumia 640 for a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition last week.
    Jesse Venables likes this.
    03-03-2016 05:57 PM
    Sorry Microsoft, I gave up and ditched my Lumia 640 for a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition last week.
    So you gave up a <$100 phone for a $400 phone that will only run slower and less reliability? Great move. Good things come to those who wait...for Windows 10 Mobile.
    03-03-2016 06:55 PM
    That is an amazing phone. Had a 1520, sold it.... got a moto x pure, sold it..... got a nexus 5 and looking forward to the elite x3
    03-03-2016 06:58 PM
    I am expecting an official release around May while I wait ever so patiently for my elite x3.

I believe MS should take enough time to polish this OS
    03-03-2016 07:00 PM
    So you gave up a <$100 phone for a $400 phone that will only run slower and less reliability? Great move. Good things come to those who wait...for Windows 10 Mobile.
    Kinda hard to say Windows 10 Mobile is a good thing... being that no one has it running on a Lumia 640 yet outside of preview..
    03-03-2016 07:03 PM
    Just relax and enjoy your time to wait until it goes release, if you can't wait just go to insider, things simply 😎
    03-03-2016 07:19 PM
    And end of 2016 means early 2017
    Good news, there's always a tomorrow......
    03-03-2016 07:42 PM
    ...and midnight, is when the day begins...
    03-03-2016 08:00 PM
    Guys latest news -:

Vodafone ltaly says Windows 10 Mobile OTA update could launch the week of March 7.
    jgch and Maurizio Troso like this.
    03-03-2016 09:09 PM
    But not all set get OTA update ONLY few set 535,635,735,830,930 and 1520 .
    03-03-2016 09:33 PM
    This is suck ....!
    03-03-2016 09:34 PM
    This is suck ....!
    I thought this was cause for celebration, not more complaining...
    unuzerounu likes this.
    03-03-2016 09:41 PM
    Now situation arrived such that no new rumoured date create interest or hopes.
    Any one suggest background download and 3rd party notification centre control feature in insider preview.
    Last edited by prasanna moholkar; 03-03-2016 at 11:27 PM.
    03-03-2016 11:00 PM
    Guys latest news -:

Vodafone ltaly says Windows 10 Mobile OTA update could launch the week of March 7.
    That's the original Vodafone Italia Support page.

Aggiornamenti software Vodafone [29/02/2016] - Vodafone Lab - Vodafone
    jgch likes this.
    03-04-2016 02:48 AM
    Yet that means nothing if you count the past.. other carriers announced the roll-out and none happened. Even if it happens it doenst mean it will be worldwide. Also there is a note there in red "Please note that the date of the test is completed, the date of issue, there may be a gap of 1/2 weeks." A more reliable info would be from Microsoft itself in official website and not in social pages.
    03-04-2016 03:01 AM
    Just relax and enjoy your time to wait until it goes release, if you can't wait just go to insider, things simply
    At least for me, this is not suitable. It's my work phone. As such, I don't want to play around with unstable software.
    ML10 likes this.
    03-04-2016 03:05 AM
    Is there any news about windows 10 releaing date for Lumia... 640 xl
    03-04-2016 03:39 AM
    I don't understand why MS doesn't give out a new release date. Building software is something that can be planned, isn't it? Not doing so is damaging the image of a the biggest software company on earth. A lot of negativity and doubt is brought about by this ominous silence.

Or they could come out in the open that they have ran into big issues that need more time to resolve. And that they wil need an other two months, whatever. And that they can give an estimate after those two months. Why the silence?
    03-04-2016 05:22 AM
    I don't understand why MS doesn't give out a new release date. Building software is something that can be planned, isn't it? Not doing so is damaging the image of a the biggest software company on earth. A lot of negativity and doubt is brought about by this ominous silence.

Or they could come out in the open that they have ran into big issues that need more time to resolve. And that they wil need an other two months, whatever. And that they can give an estimate after those two months. Why the silence?
    Like I said in my other posts, no company should be allowed such arrogant and lazy attitude without suffering consequences.
    In my country, MS has a TERRIBLE reputation. And, to be fair, MS deserves it. At this point, while WP 8.1 was brilliant and running flawlessly, W10M seems to be a typical MS product - a mess where things just stop working for no reason when you need them the most.

I don't want to play on such a negative note, but I can't help it. I really love the platform but I think I'm starting to really dislike Microsoft as a company for their attitude which seems to lack any effort, passion and thought on the average user.
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    03-04-2016 05:42 AM
    Guys anybody reserved win 10 update in L525 . .... My friend got it
    03-04-2016 09:50 AM

Well to play Devil's Advocate here...

No release date means one can take their time, no expectations are created to smash and unpredictable things can happen with code as there has been a couple times where testing canceled a build release after a serious underlying issue was discovered.

But then again, MS doesn't talk, it took suspiciously long to even handle the OneDrive fiasco.

I don't even know, W10M doesn't look like its really a priority.

Is there any news about windows 10 releaing date for Lumia... 640 xl
    Please read this discussion here:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/377693-w10m-release-dates-answers-inside.html

03-04-2016 12:02 PM
    Like I said in my other posts, no company should be allowed such arrogant and lazy attitude without suffering consequences.
    In my country, MS has a TERRIBLE reputation. And, to be fair, MS deserves it. At this point, while WP 8.1 was brilliant and running flawlessly, W10M seems to be a typical MS product - a mess where things just stop working for no reason when you need them the most.

I don't want to play on such a negative note, but I can't help it. I really love the platform but I think I'm starting to really dislike Microsoft as a company for their attitude which seems to lack any effort, passion and thought on the average user.
    I wouldn't call it arrogance. If you are the worlds leading software provider, and, you have recently offered a massive upgrade to virtually every Windows user around the globe, your priorities would have to lie there. Do you risk alienating billions, or do you divert all your resources into a small sector?

I believe the delays in the mobile release could have been down to the, somewhat unexpected, take up by OEM's. I'm sure HP wouldn't release such a great looking, fully spec'd device with a half ars*ed, buggy OS. I also believe that the insider program,on mobile, may have bitten them on the butt as well. How many actually provide proper technical feedback. What is the percentage of preview build users who do report back? Mostly you find whinging and moaning on the various WP forums and a plethora of threads full of doom mongers arguing about other OS's, instead of taking an active role in the development of W10M. You then have the blog, thread and news skimmers who just see a headline, take it as gospel, and then shout long and hard if it proves to be, using WC's new favourite saying, 'taken with a pinch of salt'. As for W10M stopping for no reason, well, I'll reply as most people have. "It's a preview", and by studying the legal requirements / warnings when you sign up for insider, it says don't use it if you need your device to operate as it should.

MSFT may not have the best reputation, and there are some markets where the reputation is lower than a rattlesnakes butt, but they are a global company, expected to earn money/show a profit, for the investors/shareholders, and that means the most profitable markets.

As for the title of the thread, it's a damned sight easier to find 'Wally'.
    03-04-2016 12:03 PM
1,870 ... 4950515253 ...