W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
send me the Microsoft link for this batch list and where you fine word never in windows blog for L820?

I doubt that's possible. That's a very old list and was removed months ago.

Prakash's claim that MS promised an early 2016 release is also not true. That information came from an undisclosed source within MS and was reported by M.J. Foley. If Prakash had read the first post in this thread he'd have known.

I'd say March still counts as as "early" 2016 (barely), and although sooner is better than later, MS has not publicly committed to a release schedule, so there is no promise they could break.

MS can legitimately be criticized for not making the original release time-frame that they were aiming for (December). MS can also legitimately be criticized for not providing us with any information. However, practically all the information in this thread about broken promises and alleged release dates is just FUD.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The only FUD I like is Elmer Fudd. And for all the terrible acts he committed in the name of hunting wabbits, he never once promised Windows 10 Mobile would arrive by the end of February 2016.

He uses a BlackBerry.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys expect to see something new when it comes out or it wil just be: Oh, .xxx build is now official! Meh, ok.

MS has allegedly started distributing firmware through the insider preview program (I haven't seen it yet mind you, nor do I know how common this is). The owners of such devices will see absolutely no difference to the version distributed officially OTA. Meh is the expected reaction in those cases.

For everyone else there will be differences, although I have no idea if they will be noticeable or not. Meh could end up being their reaction too, but it may also solve the remaining stability issues some are experiencing. Don't know...

Last edited:

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
MS has allegedly started distributing firmware through the insider preview program (I haven't seen it yet mind you, nor do I know how common this is). The owners of such devices will see absolutely no difference to the version distributed officially OTA. Meh is the expected reaction in those cases.

For everyone else will be differences, although I have no idea if they will be noticeable or not. Meh could end up being their reaction too. Don't know...

Firmware Auto-Publishing Going Live! - Microsoft Community

All I see are 950's and 950's XL.

Jamie Stone3

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Seriously, when will they bring out Windows 10 mobile? My email is full of "Windows 10 is so amazing on mobile AND Pc" coming from Microsoft. They need to stop advertising and start upgrading us to windows 10 mobile.

Honestly, I've given up on windows 10 mobile, sure, when it comes out I will be upgrading. And I will be very happy about it. But now I have stopped clicking the "Check for updates" every day hoping it will say SOMETHING. Every month I will search up on bing "Windows 10 mobile release date." It usually comes up with "Windows 10 mobile will come out in December 2015"
Yep, 4 MONTHS IN THE PAST.

They have delayed by 4 months. Soon it will become 6 months, in which case I'm just going to lose hope completely.

6=1/2 a year.

Windows 10 mobile just annoys me... :angry:

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the official release of Win10 mobile just as much as the next guy, but is there really a need to be so dramatic when discussing the delay?
December was just over 2 months ago, not 4. Even if you expected them to release it on December 1st, that is literally only 3 months ago.

I would love to have an official release but it still feels not complete in terms of stability or even features, so if it takes another couple months to get it to the proper point I'd much rather they wait.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Microsoft, I gave up and ditched my Lumia 640 for a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition last week.

So you gave up a <$100 phone for a $400 phone that will only run slower and less reliability? Great move. Good things come to those who wait...for Windows 10 Mobile.

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
So you gave up a <$100 phone for a $400 phone that will only run slower and less reliability? Great move. Good things come to those who wait...for Windows 10 Mobile.

Kinda hard to say Windows 10 Mobile is a good thing... being that no one has it running on a Lumia 640 yet outside of preview..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb