W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Where is written, officially, that 'today is the day'?? Nothing on MS sites. How many more times are people gonna keep falling for clickbait links, rumours, those supposedly in the 'know', twitter feeds and any other forms of misinformation.

I hope it happens as these boards will revert to sensible posts, instead of arguments and premenstrual teenage behaviour. Oh, hang about, when released we'll end up with the its poor, rubbish, not iOS or android, crashes, lags, hangs, resumes, no apps and anything else that is covered by a myriad of threads. Lol;-)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
[WARN]IMHO those who needed to vent have had ample opportunity to do so. As the release date appears to be approaching, comments such as this or anything resembling it will be treated as "taking this thread off topic". Such posts will be deleted and, taking into account the member's posting history, possibly also infracted. Starting now, this thread is reserved for more substantive debate or concrete information from carriers, bloggers or first hand accounts from members.[/WARN]
[NOTE]If you're one of the lucky people to get an update, please help the rest of the community by mentioning:
Country
Carrier
Phone Make/Model[/NOTE]

Ahhhh, the voice of reason...

Others want 10m, but....I would love to see how 8.1 operated on my 950xl!! Ye gods, who fast would it be, and maybe Cortana would work!

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Are we to expect it via the normal update center in the lumia's settings, or do we have do download a specific app?

Thanks,
Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Mobile on March 17 | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Evan Blass
As previously reported by VentureBeat in a story pointing to March as the latest intended rollout target, legacy in-market devices selected to receive the upgrade will at first need to initiate it manually. This is known as the pull model.
So we have to manually check if update available in Settings. There would be no notification of update available to your phone.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Mobile on March 17 | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Evan Blass

So we have to manually check if update available in Settings. There would be no notification of update available to your phone.

Yes, because depending on the settings some phones might automatically install W10 otherwise. MS don't want to have a tonne of support calls needing them to explain how to reflash to a working OS via the recovery utility, which can be worrying for many casual users. Of course, this was not a concern with W8.1 but with W10, well, we are all aware of the difficulties there.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This won't happen. We know that the W10M update will be user initiated - they'll have to look for updates.

Read my post again. Of course it won't happen, I was explaining why it is going to be user initiated in response to a previous poster. Not claiming it will be forced. MS have at least learnt from their strong arm tactics in pressing people to update to W10 on other devices. They are still keen on pushing out test code with a 'release' label slapped over the cracks, but we can't have everything. At least they aren't trying to sell it as the next big thing anymore. I expect they're hoping this release won't get too much negative attention and this distribution approach is the best choice. MS are caught between a rock and a hard place here, so it was either a quiet and very optional release or put it off for another year and get it fixed before going for the big fanfare. I would have put it off and released a full product, but expanding the beta test may be an OK solution if MS are ready to listen to the users' feedback this time.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
well maybe today they will release new preview build?? new build 10586.200 has been spotted. so hold on and get ready to get your balls smashed agin by microsoft. suck on preview or buy an preinstalled win 10 mobile. lol build-10586.200.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion