W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Look at the list of excluded devices in post #2. Your L520 is not listed! That means it is currently expected to receive the update to W10M final (provided your carrier distributes it).

It should be noted that 512mb devices are expected to have less features.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Canadian 950/xl availability will be December. My guess is they will come with rtm.

I edited the 1st post to reflect that November would be the earliest these devices will become available. I hope people will forgive me for not wanting to list availability for every country separately ;-)

Any source I could link to? It's not that I don't believe you, but I don't want to put anything into the first post without being able to back it up.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. However, looking through that document, I don't think it's correct to say 512MB devices will be missing any features.

According to that document, 512 MB devices will just regularly be under pressure to free up memory for whatever the user wants to do next, meaning the OS will have to do more memory management work, meaning that there will be situations were the device won't perform as well as its 1 GB counterparts. I think that's entirely expected. In fact, most of the points listed in that document already apply to WP8.1 today, so I don't think this warrants specific mention for W10M.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've often found that the "Country Variant" of the OS gets no special treatment and in fact comes out after the carrier specific ones over here in the UK. One wonders if they hold it back to see if the carrier specific versions are performing as per expectations. The CV version has to work for every carrier, so there's a degree of logic in waiting.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
^ Yup

CVs are never updated first, but in contrast to carrier devices, they always get updated eventually.

But but but. Some country only has CV version of the devices.
CV version guaranteed to get update from OEM as long as the OEM still provide the support

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
But but but. Some country only has CV version of the devices.
CV version guaranteed to get update from OEM as long as the OEM still provide the support

Well, true, but that doesn't really change anything. If there is only a country variant available, then your device might be the first in your country to receive W10M, but one or more carrier branded devices in other countries will still get the update before you do.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile official update on 12 November 2015

Hey guys
Read news
Looks like November 12th is going to be a huge day for Microsoft as they plan to release public updates of Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 PC Threshold 2 and the big Xbox One Update on the same day. Named as Fall Refresh, the same build will hit both Windows 10 PC and Windows Mobile and the selected candidate is 10586.

I have been using both the builds, and its actually very stable, specially on the Mobile part. The resume bug has bee finally crushed off, though its ghost can be seen from time to time.

Data Usage Settings in Windows 10 Mobile

So the next obvious question is when Windows 10 Mobile will be rolled out to all the devices? Thats going to be a very tricky question, specially in countries where carriers play a very important role as they waste a lot of time testing. The only information in hand right now is that recent generation of Lumia devices like Lumia 540, 434, 640, 640 XL etc should get the Windows 10 Mobile Update at the earliest.

Microsoft is also planning to roll out an update for Windows Insiders which should be 10586 and will give us a preview of whats coming next before November 12th release. Now the only thing that needs to be waited is an official announcement from Microsoft.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile official update on 12 November 2015

We don't know when Windows 10 Mobile will be rolled out to customers. Carriers are still involved in testing and setting their customisations, so this adds more delay and uncertainty.

People are free to continue using the Insider Program to make sure they're up to date.

Please refer to http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...0m-release-dates-answers-inside-new-post.html

for more information.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 928 to 8.1 as soon as it went live through pfd, I expect to do the same this time with insiders app, as soon as they release the "RTM" build I will upgrade(finally) I'm really tired of 8.1 at this point, it just "works" but resuming-loading on skype is driving me mad, this app is such a disgrace that nowadays I feel like I need to restart the phone every few days or weeks since the skype app will simply hang/freeze/crash and load for ages each time I need to reply until I restart it, jeez, I love windows but its no wonder we're in this situation with such horrible experiences

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: When Will My Device Be OFFICIALLY Given Windows 10 Mobile? (Answers)

As the writer freely admits, a lot of his stated timescales are based on guesswork.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]Updated post #1 and #2 with the latest speculative information I'm aware of (still nothing definitive). Let me know if you think anything is missing.[/NOTE]

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]Updated post #1 with links to more information on launch dates of the L950/XL devices in Germany and India.[/NOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo