W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoshia

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I am just don't want to get my hopes up, I understand the Lumia is the flagship for Windows Mobile, but finding information about other Windows Phones like the Lancet, Win BLU HD LTE, and such is pretty scarce, I really hope that Microsoft brings updates to those phones, even that article that just posted didn't even mention the BLU HD LTE. I really want the update, thanks a5cent for pointing me in the direction of this thread! :excited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am just don't want to get my hopes up, I understand the Lumia is the flagship for Windows Mobile, but finding information about other Windows Phones like the Lancet, Win BLU HD LTE, and such is pretty scarce, I really hope that Microsoft brings updates to those phones, even that article that just posted didn't even mention the BLU HD LTE. I really want the update, thanks a5cent for pointing me in the direction of this thread! :excited:

You're welcome.

You're right that there is very little reporting on anything that isn't Lumia. If I recall correctly (could be wrong through), Lumia owned around 96% of the WP market. You're best bet is probably to contact BLU and ask them directly. Let us know if you hear anything ;-)

Ryoshia

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
You're welcome.

You're right that there is very little reporting on anything that isn't Lumia. If I recall correctly (could be wrong through), Lumia owned around 96% of the WP market. You're best bet is probably to contact BLU and ask them directly. Let us know if you hear anything ;-)

Well you see, I did that a little over a week ago, and haven't heard anything from them. I went to their update section and there's only are Android Phones. It's a bit unnerving not knowing anything about the update schedule for my phone... I understand that the Lumia is basically the flagship and predominately THE Windows Phone to have, but information SHOULD be out there for people that own Non-Lumia phones. This thread has given me some information updating, and since reading it's kind of given me some hope.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well you see, I did that a little over a week ago, and haven't heard anything from them. I went to their update section and there's only are Android Phones. It's a bit unnerving not knowing anything about the update schedule for my phone... I understand that the Lumia is basically the flagship and predominately THE Windows Phone to have, but information SHOULD be out there for people that own Non-Lumia phones. This thread has given me some information updating, and since reading it's kind of given me some hope.
I don't know about the Lancet, but BLU has stated that Win 10 mobile will come for the HD LTE: http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/393616-countdown-windows-10-mobile.html

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Last time I was in the preview program I can't send and receive SMS or use data connection.
It's the 2nd and 4th build
Don't know about now but when it hit RTM I'm willing to try

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Last time I was in the preview program I can't send and receive SMS or use data connection.
It's the 2nd and 4th build
Don't know about now but when it hit RTM I'm willing to try

Your APN settings probably need to be updated...
All Settings > Network and Wireless > Cellular and Sim > Sim Settings

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Your APN settings probably need to be updated...
All Settings > Network and Wireless > Cellular and Sim > Sim Settings

No it doesn't help. I tried lot of solution.

I don't know about now and how the preview program progress now but I'm willing to back soon.

UPDATE

I open the setting you mentioned but there is no menu when I enter cellular and sim. it just a link says learn more

Last edited:

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey,
What are your sources for the Ativ S (you said the Ativ S won't be upgraded)?
Because from what we saw in the Ativ S forum, this is not clear: the Samsung France Support told me that there was an internal note stating that Samsung was working with Microsoft to bring W10M to a few devices. Another Windows Central user (Rgv9fHQ8wSCABtMIOz6z) found this tweet.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey,
What are your sources for the Ativ S (you said the Ativ S won't be upgraded)?
Because from what we saw in the Ativ S forum, this is not clear: the Samsung France Support told me that there was an internal note stating that Samsung was working with Microsoft to bring W10M to a few devices. Another Windows Central user (Rgv9fHQ8wSCABtMIOz6z) found this tweet.

For the ATIV S, the source I'm relying on is linked to in the second post (AAWP). I can't say for sure, but that tweet you mentioned just looks like a standard reply to me. IMHO you may end up keeping your eyes peeled forever, so until there is definitive confirmation, don't get your hopes up.

If you hear anything new, please let us know in this thread. Thanks!

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I saw this post too but there are no sources for the Ativ S.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced the Ativ S will get W10M, I know that it's a 3 years old phone which is not sold anymore. But given Samsung WP phones (Ativ SE, Ativ Neo and Ativ S), the Ativ S is the only one which was sold outside the US and it has the biggest market shares (among Samsung WP market shares). From an hardware point of view, only the SE is better.
About the tweet, yes, it could be a generic answer. But I kind of insisted with the Samsung France Support and given that neither the Ativ S Neo or SE were sold in France...
Plus, W10M runs pretty well on the Ativ S with the latest firmware (2 March 2015).

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Will my Nokia Lumia 520 and 925 receive official W10 for phones

Div D

Commented via Windows Central for Android

Don't know when the official W10 will come to older Lumia models, but i installed the latest build from the insiders preview on my Lumia 925 and it runs great.
Also installed W10 on my 640 and both are running smoothly. Love the new OS so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw this post too but there are no sources for the Ativ S.
You missed it then. See the table on the AAWP site (the last row, shaded gray). The ATIV S is listed there, where it's stated that it receiving W10M is unlikely.

In post #2 in this thread I also mentioned that non-4GB devices not getting W10M officially can get it anyway through the insider preview, which includes the ATIV S.

I think I have all those bases you mentioned covered. Let me know how to improve it if I wasn't clear.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't missed. What I'm saying is this table with "Likely to stay on WP8.1" is not enough to claim:

Okay, now I understand your point. I agree. The ATIV S is the only device in that list (where I mentioned "OEM not participating"), where the OEM hasn't explicitly denied that a W10M update is coming. It's not as cut and dry a situation as it is with the other OEMs.

I've added the word "speculative" to the comment, so it more accurately reflects what we actually do and don't know. Based on Samsung's' history, their general lack of enthusiasm for the platform, and their silence on the issue (nothing beyond standard replies), I think the chances of the ATIV S being updated to W10M are very slim indeed, but you're right, we don't yet actually know. Thanks for the correction!

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep, this was my point.

About Samsung, yes, they demonstrate a lack of enthusiasm for the WP platform. They also clearly show a lack of precise communication because they do not state on the support page of any Ativ S whether or not we'll be able to upgrade it to W10M.
Anyway, thank you for the replies. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster