W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
If we are on preview if update came does we still need to download the 1gb file again or simply opted out of insider option?

What is the procedure for people who opted in insider preview to get update and install?

Pls point out the links or sites which helps to sort out this... Thanks in advance

yashovardhan99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
If we are on preview if update came does we still need to download the 1gb file again or simply opted out of insider option?

What is the procedure for people who opted in insider preview to get update and install?

Pls point out the links or sites which helps to sort out this... Thanks in advance

If you're on the latest build on the preview, you're already on the RTM version, you can just out out and remain at par with the non insiders...i don't think you'll need to download 1gb unless they provide another major OS update
As for the links,I don't think this question was raised on any other site before

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site

If you want the official update, you need to flash your device to get ur device out of the insider programme and download the official OTA.. Else forever you would be an insider with updating your devices af your own risk though you would be having the same version of RTM, but its not RTM anywhere

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a test phone with Windows 10 insider, I have another phone that will be getting the Windows
10 sometime in the future, but in the mean time I have it as my main phone. Periodically I move
the SIM card from my main phone to the test phone, then back again after I do some testing. If
something goes wrong with the insider OS, I still have a phone to use and can recover the
test phone, even though it will take a while.

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Lumia India and Italy tweeted that the update will come by the end of the year, so I don't believe those rumors are true about updating today or tomorrow.

Alexandre Coelho

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Shoudn?t there be a firmware update before the W10M?i remember something like this when i updated my 520 to Lumia Cyan,first,a small download,install,then checked again for updates and Cyan came!i heard some people talking about firmware update prior w10m installation.

yashovardhan99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Shoudn?t there be a firmware update before the W10M?i remember something like this when i updated my 520 to Lumia Cyan,first,a small download,install,then checked again for updates and Cyan came!i heard some people talking about firmware update prior w10m installation.

Maybe. Maybe not... We gotta wait and watch for the updates to come...

arn6735

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Im on the insider program and you're saying you can download the OFFICIAL OTA, could you pls give me a link how or is the SLOW RING is the OFFICIAL OTA? Thnx.

Tomasklp

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Is there a difference what region is set on phone about getting the official release as fast as it will be shipped out? Or all region will get at the same time?

yashovardhan99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Is there a difference what region is set on phone about getting the official release as fast as it will be shipped out? Or all region will get at the same time?

I think there is a difference... Like say the update is scheduled for 15th(just an example) so it will go live in markets where the date turns 15th first... That's been the case with most major updates... Can't be sure of that though

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Just join the Windows Insider program and install it anyway, if you're really that hot to get. As someone who has been testing it on a Lumia 635, Lumia 640 and was stupid enough to waste money on the Lumia 950, it is NOT worth it.

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
ScubaDog, maybe shut up already, please? It's annoying how ignorant you are and absolutely everywhere leave your shallow opinion of how bad W10M is, although the reality is antithetic and UI with UX are more convenient in comparison with < 8.1.

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just join the Windows Insider program and install it anyway, if you're really that hot to get. As someone who has been testing it on a Lumia 635, Lumia 640 and was stupid enough to waste money on the Lumia 950, it is NOT worth it.

950 and 950XL are totally worth it. I've had my XL since Nov 25, and while it took a couple weeks for the battery to stabilize and everything to settle down.. I'd say for the last week or two its been 100% rock solid, and the best phone I've ever had (1520, 920, iPhone, Android in the past...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss