W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you want the official update, you need to flash your device to get ur device out of the insider programme and download the official OTA.. Else forever you would be an insider with updating your devices af your own risk though you would be having the same version of RTM, but its not RTM anywhere

Wait, what? Where the hell does this sh** come from? You can remove yourself from the insider program within the app itself.
Flash the device? Really? Jesus..

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
this is really ridiculous ! MS and windows 10 mobile is a HUGE thing for the company....yet they don't even give a date ?

Because they don't need to.. they want to make sure its ready (all major KNOWN bugs worked out) before releasing it to the public.
Giving a date, then missing it, is worse than just saying "It will be ready when its ready"

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Because they don't need to.. they want to make sure its ready (all major KNOWN bugs worked out) before releasing it to the public.
Giving a date, then missing it, is worse than just saying "It will be ready when its ready"
You are right ... This post is time wasting

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Wait, what? Where the hell does this sh** come from? You can remove yourself from the insider program within the app itself.
Flash the device? Really? Jesus..

Nope. Uninstalling the insider app doesn't get you out of it. Is there an option within the app that opt me out of insider? I never had that throughout 8.1 DP or in the earlier phases of WP10. You indeed have to use the recovery tool to get back to original previous version to install the official update OTA.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site

You don't give a date coz u aren't sure when it wud be ready or u take too much time to make it ready which in both cases wudnt earn MS the customers other than windows loyal fans.

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
You don't give a date coz u aren't sure when it wud be ready or u take too much time to make it ready which in both cases wudnt earn MS the customers other than windows loyal fans.

So you prefer to have crashing and lagging update than solid one? I understand your frustration, but I believe you would be more frustrated if they would launch buggy version of their update right now. And yes I know the newest build has been working quite well, but how do you know it would work well in normal users phone?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
With the new approach to releasing Windows in a constant 'in development' state, crashing, lagging and bugs galore are now a 'feature'.

Welcome to Windows 10.
No PPE, no work.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
So you prefer to have crashing and lagging update than solid one? I understand your frustration, but I believe you would be more frustrated if they would launch buggy version of their update right now. And yes I know the newest build has been working quite well, but how do you know it would work well in normal users phone?

Windows phones never got me frustrated like how android did. I never even felt about the lack of apps. I rely more on the performance and stability of my phone to help me out more efficiently and WP does that for sure. What irritates me is MS approach towards WP. I had downloaded a yammar app for office purpose which my colleague had a better version of it in android than a ****ty version of it in wp. And there has been no update either app updates or OS updates from MS. You don't get customers just like that to use your products. I have been a fan of windows since 520 Lumia using wp8 and will continue to be.

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Windows phones never got me frustrated like how android did. I never even felt about the lack of apps. I rely more on the performance and stability of my phone to help me out more efficiently and WP does that for sure. What irritates me is MS approach towards WP. I had downloaded a yammar app for office purpose which my colleague had a better version of it in android than a ****ty version of it in wp. And there has been no update either app updates or OS updates from MS. You don't get customers just like that to use your products. I have been a fan of windows since 520 Lumia using wp8 and will continue to be.

I understand. I had a problem too with Office to open a Word-file, but my friends Android opened it directly without a problem... And I know that those updates goes firstly to Android and iOS phones. Thats the thing that irritates me too and thats why I have thoughts to abandon this platform for that reason...

Last edited:

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
With the new approach to releasing Windows in a constant 'in development' state, crashing, lagging and bugs galore are now a 'feature'.

Welcome to Windows 10.
No PPE, no work.
Yeah, because no other version of Windows (or any other OS) ever crashed, lagged or had bugs that needed fixing after release. /s
There used to be long waits for service packs as opposed to a much more rapid response currently. I'm running 10 on my L640 and haven't had problems. I don't miss 8 at all (other than the very minor ability of putting a pic into the Glance screen).

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Windows 10.
No PPE, no work.

I haven't personally seen any crashing, lagging, or bugs on Windows 10 Desktop, and it was developed the same way as Mobile.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Uninstalling the insider app doesn't get you out of it. Is there an option within the app that opt me out of insider? I never had that throughout 8.1 DP or in the earlier phases of WP10. You indeed have to use the recovery tool to get back to original previous version to install the official update OTA.
There's an option in the app, I recall seeing it in the settings.

anubhavsrivas

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I am using Lumia 730 and running at latest build. Installed the windows 10 build 15 days before, find out few bugs. First the Cortana live tile stop working after few hours. Once you open the cortana, it starts working. It seems the background process is not running properly. I need to refresh to by opening to get the Live tile working and the same goes weather live tile. However, some of the live tiles are working properly. Done hard reset and soft reset many times. The navigation bar is also defective, when you hide the bar at start screen it shows the reflection of the background image when you swipe up to hide up. It show up for a very short second. It happens every time. Lock screen has also a bug, whenever i unlock the phone after a long time it fluctuates. I add the weather to show the updates and never come up until I open the weather app and after few hours the status of weather on lock screen goes off. It seems I need to refresh everything in a regular time interval. Waiting for the official upgrade. Also, If anyone know, let me know, how to install if the official windows 10 mobile comes up on the insider running windows 10. My windows device recovery tool is not installing getting error. I would not be able to roll back. Your help will be appreciated.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
It appears w10m is quite unstable for a public release. MS has pulled the latest insiders ' build which clearly indicates it isn't ready. No hope for release this month.

Last edited:

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Its ur opinion and assumption?
Assumption, based on some URLs found in this thread and elsewhere. Unfortunately it was false :(
But still 16 days to go for end of this year, and Twitter accounts of Lumia, Microsoft are tweeting that W10M upgrade for WP8 handsets will be available "later this year" :)

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
It appears w10m is quite unstable for a public release. MS has pulled the latest insiders ' build which clearly indicates it isn't ready. No hope for release this month.

Unlikely since they publicly announced that it would be this year. They have to stick to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss