W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the experience with the W10P insider preview. It was ok let's say 80%. After all, it's only a OS for a phone, not a life&death question. I got back to 8.1 and wait with patience the final hit of the 10 WP. Advice: patience is one of the greatest qualities of man. So, be patient !

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Don't trust on Microsoft.
They make always late in update of mobile.
They prefer PC only not mobile.
Microsoft says firstly, October /November for Lumia 640 again they says December.

And
Now I think, they postpond December to January for official update for Lumia 640.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
i believe the best way it was to just say that windows 10 will come to mobile phones also and stay there. Putting timetable and saying it will be released at that date on or off makes things worse. Now everyone waits and asks the same question everyday. Because of poland leak that said 14 december everything after that is a fail. It will come when it comes and they feel its ready.

ciban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I believe that the insider preview programm has done much worse than well. I mean the expectations were put at a very high level. After all, a bunch of MS insiders coud have tested the OS very well and had it on the market when it was really ready. The +/- could have been very well be seen by this team. I believe something was not working very well at MS phone dept. Well, the future will show us what had happened there :cool:

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
i believe the best way it was to just say that windows 10 will come to mobile phones also and stay there. Putting timetable and saying it will be released at that date on or off makes things worse. Now everyone waits and asks the same question everyday. Because of poland leak that said 14 december everything after that is a fail. It will come when it comes and they feel its ready.

A major problem for MS is that they have less than 2% market share. As market share declines from day to day, any further delay of W10M (and a REAL focus on the phones) reduces the already small chances of success. While MS is stuck in the development the competition steams ahead at full speed.

And, the signal value of a MS focusing more on iOS/Android than their own phones is not good…

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
They forced Nokia to sell and abandon symbian with very slow steps of upgrades and they are doing the same thing. They don't put much focus and effort on mob os. What they achieve on devices which are excellent they destroy it with slow os growth. They are concentrating more on other projects.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Don't trust on Microsoft.
They make always late in update of mobile.
They prefer PC only not mobile.
Microsoft says firstly, October /November for Lumia 640 again they says December.

And
Now I think, they postpond December to January for official update for Lumia 640.

After the screen of my 730 broke, I went ahead with 640XL against 730 just cause I believed what MS said that 640 series would receive the 10 update early, and now its already postponed twice

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I believe that the insider preview programm has done much worse than well. I mean the expectations were put at a very high level. After all, a bunch of MS insiders coud have tested the OS very well and had it on the market when it was really ready. The +/- could have been very well be seen by this team. I believe something was not working very well at MS phone dept. Well, the future will show us what had happened there :cool:
Always felt that 8.1 insider program was better than the current W10M. Well planned and structured. This current insider program has been running for the last 10 months and still with no official release. Lazy *** MS! Now the current date for release is actually set to after Christmas and before year end, I believe.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Keep this thread on topic please.

This thread is not about Symbian, what MS did or did not do or should have done. It's not about market share or whether the insider preview did more harm than help.

It's about release dates. Currently nobody has any reliable information to share on that issue, beyond what is already mentioned in the first two posts.

GeorgeX

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
If it won't be released on December, shouldn't they have already announced the delay? I think (and hope) the release is very close.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
If it won't be released on December, shouldn't they have already announced the delay? I think (and hope) the release is very close.

Good point! And also if u closely observe the article, 10586.29 build pulled out, you would notice MS has said it pulled the update from its public servers? Is public isn't the non-insider? So may be when the fix happens in a day or two, we shud be receiving the update. 640 holders, rejoice!

ciban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Do you think the 10586.29 build ( the insider one) was sent from "private servers" ? Ha,ha! This is what I call wishfull thinking.

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't have any hope for a December release. If they can fix the issue with L950 updates quickly then probably we can see the update before year end

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It's so typical of MS. Amazing to see there are a few of us hanging on. I just hope it's worth the wait.

So, this is a pretty big thread. I have some of my employees on Lumia 810 through Rogers. Did I read correctly that they will never get the W10 official release? I trust my unbranded Lumia 930 is eligible?

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
It's so typical of MS. Amazing to see there are a few of us hanging on. I just hope it's worth the wait.

So, this is a pretty big thread. I have some of my employees on Lumia 810 through Rogers. Did I read correctly that they will never get the W10 official release? I trust my unbranded Lumia 930 is eligible?

The 930 will definitely get it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have some of my employees on Lumia 810 through Rogers. Did I read correctly that they will never get the W10 official release? I trust my unbranded Lumia 930 is eligible?
Both times: Yes.

You are mistaken only in assuming anything has occurred which we could label "typical MS". Don't let the misguided nerd rage in this thread confuse you.

As long as the first WP8.1 devices start receiving W10M OTA sometime this month (that doesn't mean everyone will receive the update this year), MS will have done exactly what they said they would.

All the people hanging their heads here are doing so weeks before we've reached MS' target deadline. Makes no sense, but it is what it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb