W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spangl01

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been running W10 mobile on my Verizon Icon since about March of last year with no issues (aside from the bugs that everyone else encountered in those early releases) whatsoever.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been running W10 mobile on my Verizon Icon since about March of last year with no issues (aside from the bugs that everyone else encountered in those early releases) whatsoever.
We're waiting for official release. I don't want to tread waters on my Blu without a recovery rom... Others want an official channel.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20160118_0001.pngwp_ss_20160118_0002.pngTapping the 'i' icon to find info about the latest public releasein Extras & Info just gives you this white page now. It's been happening since Sunday.

Maybe they are updating the page....

Noirsangre

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't even know why people are bothering themselves with Win10M. Granted Win10 on PC is awesome but I just don't see it working on Mobile. My two cents.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Did they?
For existing devices?

Yes they did. That's what the insider preview is all about. And joe had already posted on twitter some 9 months ago about W10M optimized for Lumia 520. Yes they did make all the noise and now you currently see an unfinished crap on a damn high end half baked Lumia 950XL and it wud be the same in the next few months too. So there is no point release now or later, its always to be an unfinished product.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I've seen that.

The thing here is that they made such amount of noise that I got tired of waiting and now I am happily using an iPhone (not the best OS but I f-ing hate Android). Good luck with the new version of W10M if ever is released.

Ha ha... Lol for the last sentence:) :)

JeSuisJohnny

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't even know why people are bothering themselves with Win10M. Granted Win10 on PC is awesome but I just don't see it working on Mobile. My two cents.
Because Android is a shi**** and instable OS... and iPhones are overpriced since ever!

Windows Mobile was born to be the ideal, but unfortunately we all think it's a born dead OS. That's life!

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Because Android is a shi**** and instable OS... and iPhones are overpriced since ever!

Windows Mobile was born to be the ideal, but unfortunately we all think it's a born dead OS. That's life!

It was born to be ideal, never really was made ideal by its own creators.

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I think something relevant to keep in mind here is just how W10M is being employed. Typically, with a new Android or Apple next generation phone release a newer or more refined mobile OS comes with it...or immediately follows, with little or no backwards compatibility (Apple in particular sticks to this mantra). Further more, when the newer OS's release they often times don't support the older devices (Again, Apple in particular). More often than not, the newer OS's simply don't support the dated hardware on the older devices, does't make sense to carry over what is obsolete or to bloat the OS with unneeded software and drivers.

Microsoft has decided against this practice and has done their best to release W10M to support as many Windows phones as is conceivable. Their approach is highly unorthodox in the tech world as it shows their stance to embrace older tech with the new OS, to keep the obsolete 'current'. But there is another thing to note; It's a brilliant move. How many still use W8.xM, or Windows XP, Windows 7, 8, 8.1? Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile is the ultimate compromise for Microsoft, it's an effort to produce a uniform OS on as many PC's and Mobile Devices as possible in an effort to cut support for older software and simplify trouble shooting and PR by getting everyone on the same OS.

All of that considered, it's no wonder that there are the rash of issues that they currently face. Trying to optimize the platform to perform better than previous iterations AND be lighter than those prior has got to be a challenge, maybe even one they cannot beat. Fortunately the releases are there to keep things progressing forward. As an insider, I'm still running the .29 update, which was a MASSIVE step up from the prior, but still have to wait for the .36 to be provided to the insider server. If anyone has release info on that I would be much obliged!

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Apps. All about apps. At least it is in the mind to the general public.

Win 10 Mobile brings with it Universal App support and this is a make or break for Microsoft. They are desperately hoping Universal App development will take off and restore some balance in the app market. It doesn't have to win against Android, not even iOS have a hope there, but just needs enough to get the major apps covered.

Myself there are one or two apps already out I'd like to get my hands on but I need Win 10 to get them.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
With the advent of WP10 there will be universal apps so would this mean that ill be able to install lets say "Snapchat Android version" on my windows phone??

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
No. Tech the devs have to port their apps over to windows 10 with an app like bridges which still hasn't been released. iOS apps the developers of oh... Snap chat could plug their app into bridges tweak what needs done test and put on the windows market.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No. Tech the devs have to port their apps over to windows 10 with an app like bridges which still hasn't been released. iOS apps the developers of oh... Snap chat could plug their app into bridges tweak what needs done test and put on the windows market.

Ok it all sounds good though lets hope that app devs make sure the app bridges remain in place and that they include WP10 in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)