W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What about a Lumia 640XL? Anyway, I already sold it, I don't care anymore? The only Lumia I keep is a 1020, no smartphone has beaten its camera.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
With the advent of WP10 there will be universal apps so would this mean that ill be able to install lets say "Snapchat Android version" on my windows phone??

That's not what the new Universal App Platform in Windows 10 does. The Universal App Platform allows a single app package to run on Windows 10 desktops, mobiles(phones & small tablets), and other UAP devices. UAP apps know how to adjust to different resolutions and screen orientations, and they can take advantage of whatever hardware is on a particular device.

Microsoft is working on some bridging technologies that might allow Android apps to be easily ported to Windows 10.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
MS is already out of the game with single digit market share. This attitude is not gonna help.
You cannot hand over pieces of junk with unfinished OS and zero apps by just banking on a good camera.
i was (am) a WP fan but my patience ran out and i bought an android. There is NOT a single day i don't miss my 640 XL but lack of apps forced me to change ships.
I am not the only one, i guess many have done it already..
I read somewhere - Nadella said they are going to "focus more"on software/apps and less on hardware.
I guess this should be a clue for all of us :unhappy::unhappy:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
MS is already out of the game with single digit market share. This attitude is not gonna help.
You cannot hand over pieces of junk with unfinished OS and zero apps by just banking on a good camera.
i was (am) a WP fan but my patience ran out and i bought an android. There is NOT a single day i don't miss my 640 XL but lack of apps forced me to change ships.
I am not the only one, i guess many have done it already..
I read somewhere - Nadella said they are going to "focus more"on software/apps and less on hardware.
I guess this should be a clue for all of us :unhappy::unhappy:

Happy your happy but don't come on here and slag off the rest of us! You don't see us going on android forums and slagging off their phones. Be a bit more empathetic!!

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
AK I came back from Android. I used a 920 with windows 7 about 3 years ago. Got my Lumia 521 2 years ago went to android again. My phone wouldn't last 12 hours s I aid screw it I'm going bad to windows all the apps I use are on it. I develop apps so I can make what I need and they keep supporting their devices unlike androids fragmented mess. I'm happy to be back on WP

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
AK I came back from Android. I used a 920 with windows 7 about 3 years ago. Got my Lumia 521 2 years ago went to android again. My phone wouldn't last 12 hours s I aid screw it I'm going bad to windows all the apps I use are on it. I develop apps so I can make what I need and they keep supporting their devices unlike androids fragmented mess. I'm happy to be back on WP

Welcome back and I hope you will b with us a long time :)

Fred Shumacher

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Why people whine about battery life all the time.. With Windows OS these agents do NOT opereate in realtime like in iOS and Android ****. Agents gets CPU only in short bursts and only in ... 5 mins or so?. Have you checked Backround applications list that are allowed to run in the backround? For instance there are quite many apps that wants to do something in the backround. Games, odd tools, Groove, TV.. They do not need to have agent running.
So by checking the backround apps list and turning off those apps that really does not need to be in the backround, batterylife will be immensely improved.

Last edited:

SeptynAde

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Why people whine about battery life all the time.. Have you checked Backround applications list that are allowed to run in the backround? For instance there are quite many apps that want's to do something in the backround. Games, odd tools, Groove, TV.. They do not need to have agent running.
So by checking the backround apps list and turning off those apps that really does not need to be in the backround batterylife will be immensely improved.

yep

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Happy your happy but don't come on here and slag off the rest of us! You don't see us going on android forums and slagging off their phones. Be a bit more empathetic!!

I forgot to mention, i still have my 640XL with me :)
waiting for W10M to drop by and address all major issues, i may dump my android and go full fledged WP..
So until then, i am still in "the" camp :)

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
A little off topic question:
When an app is released for W10, does it mean it will work in W10M OR the developer has to release a separate version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99