W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The sim has nothing to do with the ROM's on the phone. The ROM's on the phone will be they way the carrier determines if a phone they sold or not can get an upgrade.
Shame, I wish it were as simple as removing a Sim djeire84 but it's not, the phone will have to be flashed.

What is the over / under on pages this thread will reach before anyone reports that the have this push to them legitimately? I'm saying 50... and we are at page 37 now!

Oh I know all this I was just saying if carriers had nothing to do with pushing updates I could take out my sim and update to wp10 directly from Microsoft servers just pointing out the flaw.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh I know all this I was just saying if carriers had nothing to do with pushing updates I could take out my sim and update to wp10 directly from Microsoft servers just pointing out the flaw.

Once a phone gets Windows 10 Mobile the updates for the OS can come directly from MS. That's different than updating from Win8.1 to 10.

Matej25

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hope this post will be about possible release dates but change into bullying MS for not to provide us with update yet and I am not sure why.
As far as I know no exact date was ever mentioned by MS regarding the W10M update for older phones except the one which should be in December 2015. After that, they mentioned only early 2016 and that could be anytime soon :D
Anyway, nobody, at least I hope so, was forced to go with Windows Phone so if you are here to complain about the slowness of MS or inability to push out update, you should go with Android or iOS. Honestly, I have my Lumia 830 almost one year; before I was in Android camp and tried iOS as well, but I am currently happy with the WP and its look. Live tiles are something perfect and incomparable with widgets in Android. Android as well has its own flaws and I was encountering sudden app crashes more often than in WP not saying that HTC did not provide my phone with update to Android 5 even it was only 1 year on the market.
To sum up, I need my phone for calls, messages, internet access, taking photos, listening to music and series watching and I have it all in WP 8.1 as well, so once the update will be ready to release to old Lumia phones, I will make a jump, but it doesn't care when it will be as far as it finally arrives to our phones. We should be happy that at least they are trying to finalize everything for us so we will be able to use polished system (taking into consideration the percentage of WP globally, we are at the tail now but who knows? :) ).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Fort those clamouring for an update real quick, have you considered the fact that the latest build is stable for about 95% of insiders but there's that 5% of users for whom it is not stable?

I believe one more build is needed to sort out the bugs such as the apps list brightening when exiting an app back to apps list, word flow and other minor bugs. Once we as insiders get this build, and we test, then will it be released to the public while we sink our teeth into the next insider build

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
And they said "in 2016 u will get more built"
Dear Microsoft, mobile insider in last 22 days only get 1 update if this is u r fast update process then we r happy with WP 8.1.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Agreed. Although there isn't much of value in here at the moment anyway, I should have prevented that discussion from getting off the ground. Sorry 'bout that.

I'm not scrapping the thread though. The first two posts are still of value. Filling in the blanks of those two posts, to the best of our ability, is the intent of this thread.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]The first and second posts have been updated with everything I'm aware of that is worth mentioning (about one post from the last twenty pages). Let me know if you think something is missing.[/NOTE]

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Fort those clamouring for an update real quick, have you considered the fact that the latest build is stable for about 95% of insiders but there's that 5% of users for whom it is not stable?

I believe one more build is needed to sort out the bugs such as the apps list brightening when exiting an app back to apps list, word flow and other minor bugs. Once we as insiders get this build, and we test, then will it be released to the public while we sink our teeth into the next insider build

The story about polished smooth build has been going on for like a year or a little less. Chuck it

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
One opinion can really spoil it for the rest of us! But yes we should really stay "on topic" and just wait and see what our carriers do!

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Now what I think they delay their update plan to march, better with go with Android "M" instead of windows 10 mobile.

Only better if you like lags, crashes, and being left behind when new versions of Android are released. I'll wait a few weeks to get a superior operating system in Windows 10 Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs