W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what's happening at Microsoft end. They must be having ton loads of developers who should be able to get the OS ready on time. It might be something to do with their strategy or marketing sense that the update release is getting delayed. May be they want to be sure any capable upgrade doesn't stay on old device.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's more than just the operating system. Yes, there might be issues that they have to sort out (especially after the network carriers have performed their own testing). There's also a heck of a lot of infrastructure that needs to be in place in order to have some hope of a successful roll-out. There might also be legal/regulatory issues that need to have the agreements ratified for. There's a whole ton of stuff that needs doing which isn't really the same as someone deciding to flip a switch on a Tuesday morning to release the software to the world.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what's happening at Microsoft end. They must be having ton loads of developers who should be able to get the OS ready on time. It might be something to do with their strategy or marketing sense that the update release is getting delayed. May be they want to be sure any capable upgrade doesn't stay on old device.

If I remember correctly, a lot of the developers, testers and quality assurance personnel were, to put it bluntly, fired. So the development team is working with a sizeable reduction in the taskforce. Critically the quality assurance and testing teams have been reduced a lot. I would expect that this has an impact on speed and quality of new builds and apps

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Throwing more developers at a project rarely works well.

fredie12

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been running the latest version on my every day phone (Lumia 930) and back-up phone (Lumia 920) and only had a problem with the camera (l930) which was cured with a restart. apart from that it's been stable with no glitches.

wp_ss_20160125_0001.jpg

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
LOL 😁 even after thousand posts no news of wm10 upgrade on any of the wp8.1 device

Only the first 2 posts are the most important and 90+% of the other posts are off topic / rants / etc. If there is news the first 2 posts are updated but if there is no news posting "rants" does not "make" news.

ori freiman

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So the official release will be in 'late February'

I think we should thank Microsoft for choosing the shortest month,
so THANK YOU Microsoft for delaying the release for us to that short month,

you'r the best!

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Begin at late february, bug fixing till drop :3 hope it better for public release, btw this is Tuesday, any update build? Or maybe next week? ;>

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
So its specific to l640only. Can't upvote now, reverted back to 8.1 after 2days of using w10m, too buggy

I face a bug with Rich Capture in camera and in a background app issue. For me, there is not much bugs, just enjoying the universal apps and other modified apps in W10M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss