W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
The basic issue is that many people do not search before typing, it's an inherent trait of the internet as a whole.

So, if people have the idea that Windows 10 Mobile will be released today, they will simply create a new thread. This is just the same as people who ask "When will Windows 10 Mobile be installed on my device (plz bro)?". Those threads get locked and linked to the main discussion thread as often as they get created.

There's just no stopping stuff like this.

And tomorrow, we'll get just as many threads complaining that Windows 10 Mobile is a day late (srsly bro).

And the best way of alerting the moderators is by using the "report post" button (http://forums.windowscentral.com/images/buttons/report-40b.png). This sends a message to all moderators without being displayed to users. Moderators don't read every thread on the forum, but they do read every report.

Apologies Pete. I am frustrated at the sheer numbers. We have had this matter before, and my frustration at having to sift through pages of the same thing, just boiled over. I searched for something and got many hits, trouble is, they were all the same and not what I was looking for.

I agree with the 'I'd rather just expect someone to do the leg work for me' brigade. It's the same as the 'when in India?' Posts. I'm not sure where we are heading as a species if we can't even look things up for ourselves, or enjoy the fruits of our labours, when we finally discover the answer for ourselves.

To top it off, a senior moment robbed me of the memory regarding reporting posts.

Right, I'm off as the nurse is waiting to tuck me in ;-)

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft never committed to a February 29th release. That was posted by Microsoft Mexico in error. The post was removed and an apology was given. At this point no one knows when Windows 10 Mobile will be released for older Lumia models. It could be March, perhaps even April. The fact remains, no one knows. Microsoft may not even know themselves.

But they said not later than February!!

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
But they said not later than February!!

I honestly could care less what Microsoft "said". There has been no firm announcement from the company regarding the future of Windows 10 on devices that predated the Lumia 950 and 950 XL. It's a crap shoot. At this point Microsoft could come out and say that they are unable to provide a consistent end-user experience on the OS using older hardware. They could decide to shelve the project for the time being and allow people to help development with Windows Insider.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Update madness!!! Its always the same, crazy, frantic, desperate gaggle of posts anytime an update is "near", rumored or otherwise. Denim, Cyan, Black, Amber, the same madness descends on WP users and the pleading questions to the ether ring out seemingly every few seconds. I frankly don't see why anyone would be bothered by them, why not just ignore them? Updates come when they come, whining about it (or whining about the whiners! :) ) wont make it come any faster.

Relax and to outside and smell the roses for a change, there's more to life than an update!

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I think we all need to chill. Using build 107 and now Redstone, its a ways off for stability. 122 CU may fix some issues, but I jumped ahead and don't want to revert. 122 could be just a CU for current WM10, or it could be close to the final. Newer W10M phones are still only coming with .63 to start. Give them some time, they're trying. Have some faith in Microsoft.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Sites are going to report on data they deem to be reliable. With no credible proof a final Windows 10 Mobile build was going to be released to the public, a "by the end of February" blurb didn't seem out of the ordinary and actually quite plausible. What I think has happened is Microsoft fell behind schedule and the recent announcements by the Insider team have shown that they are working towards making the update process as seamless as possible. Microsoft knows this isn't ready, or if they have a feature complete build they aren't releasing it until they have a proven delivery method that doesn't bork the 100 Windows Phones out in the wild still. (I'm joking....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte