W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with insider builds on my retired 920 for a long time. On the latest build, the phone is buggy and nowhere near as responsive as WP 8.1 on my daily driver 730. Even if WM10 releases this month, I won't be taking the update on my 730, until most of the bugs have been worked out. What I love about windows phone - the responsiveness, clean UI and lack of bugs - is missing on WM10.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
No longer in waiting queue for w10m. After reading some negative reviews about it, i might avoid updating my 640 even when the new OS releases..
8.1 has got a better looking UI than 10.. The pivots are gone..the nice looking wider gaps between tiles have gone..Opaque tiles look ugly on 10, people app is a mess (especially its live tile).. To sum up, the OS is more androish..and most features unique to wp have gone.
Those who have lost their patience, do read negative reviews about win 10 m... U would start liking 8.1 then..

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
re: W10 Upgrade for the L925?

That's good news that I was unable to get from att. Will it be in 2016? Thanks.

We're all hoping so.

*Sidenote
I previewed Windows 10 for mobile on my Lumia 925.
The OS runs OK there are problems however.
I returned my 925 to the stability of 8.1 for now.

awidy seiza

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
8.1 has got a better looking UI than 10.. The pivots are gone..the nice looking wider gaps between tiles have gone..Opaque tiles look ugly on 10, people app is a mess (especially its live tile).. To sum up, the OS is more androish..and most features unique to wp have gone.

So Microsoft want people love they OS,so they polish the OS like Android,
They "MS" throw away the unique,intuitive,fluid of Windows Phone.
Awaiting Nokia to come back maybe last hope

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
No longer in waiting queue for w10m. After reading some negative reviews about it, i might avoid updating my 640 even when the new OS releases..
Those who have lost their patience, do read negative reviews about win 10 m... U would start liking 8.1 then..

Buggy 950XL, delayed OS update, no update for 8.1, pathetic apps including MS owned apps, makes the situation even more worse. Its understood that MS is not about just wp, but when it has made the OS unified, every single thing is important. The OS is not unified until you bridge the gap between your own devices. When I see the MOTO G first gen I bought for my dead works like charm with the latest OS, without any lag and still eligible for marshmallow, it makes me feel grrrrrrr

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Today 7 march,can we expect official release of windows 10 mobile with official confirmation news.

come on man every-time the same thing when a new date comes out. put some logic in it

1) "Official" was made from Vodafone ITALIA. That means that phones locked to vodafone italia will receive the upgrade. It doesnt say anywhere that its going to be worldwide for all carriers or all unlocked phones.
2) Because india is already 7 of march not the whole world is. In italy is still 9:00 Sunday 6. People are still relaxing they don't work on Sundays.
Even if its true they dont say specifically 7 of march they say between 7-13 with an error of 1-2 weeks for italy

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Dude come on its not march 7th everywhere. It's not a indiacentric world. Besides, its the week of march 7th, not exactly march 7th...

Keep calm & use Lumia 8.1 or 10 TP 😁
I know world is not indiacentric but that doesn't mean that 7 march will not come so take it easy.
And I hope even in march MS will drop updating program.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
come on man every-time the same thing when a new date comes out. put some logic in it

1) "Official" was made from Vodafone ITALIA. That means that phones locked to vodafone italia will receive the upgrade. It doesnt say anywhere that its going to be worldwide for all carriers or all unlocked phones.
2) Because india is already 7 of march not the whole world is. In italy is still 9:00 Sunday 6. People are still relaxing they don't work on Sundays.
Even if its true they dont say specifically 7 of march they say between 7-13 with an error of 1-2 weeks for italy

Just my 2 cents, they said the week of 7th of march. Not the 7th of March as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb