W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok Different regions and different phones. Can anyone tell when update is coming to Pakistan and India . ��

No, we can't. There's been no firm indication of release dates for any region. There has been reports of March (this month), but as has been seen in the past, this date may pass if the product/infrastructure is not ready at that point.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Expecting a release date when there are many posts on this thread and then :eck: finding everyone just blaming Windows 10 Mobile!! and filling the thread :unhappysweat:

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a link that proofs your claim?

As a5cent said, it's more a matter of subjective opinion than pure fact. If you like the way iOS looks you might say it's better than Windows 10 Mobile just based on that. I'm basing it partly the fact that Windows 10 is the only path to having the same applications and experience on both your mobile and desktop devices. You won't get that with iOS. Windows 10 Mobile also has live tiles, which I find to be more useful than boring rows of icons.

BillyColt

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
re: W10 Upgrade for the L925?

Good news. Through the Insider Program for Windows Phone, I have successfully installed the Windows 10 Preview on my older Nokia 925 phone that I love.

While being apprehensive and scared that I would be sorry and that my phone would become unlovable and no longer my friend, I proceeded with the download after selecting Receive Slow Updates from Windows Insider mobile program. I downloaded the app to my phone, ran it and followed easy prompts.

After this, I went to my phone and after selecting "Settings" I went to "Phone Update". The phone then recognized that updates are available. I left my phone plugged in while it started downloading a firmware update of some kind as I already had Windows 8.1 installed.

Once completed, I had to go through the whole process again to receive Windows 10 Preview.
The phone in the "About" section of "System" says version "Windows 10 Mobile."

All of my apps were left on my "Start Menu":sweaty:, and most all need updating now through the Windows Phone Store.

In a nutshell, I am really happy with my Nokia 925 with Windows 10 successfully installed, and I am so so glad I took the plunge.

Now it's downloading another update Windows 10 version ending in .122...already...and I joined the "Slow Update" receiver setting in the Windows Insider program....meaning I don't receive updates as fast as others. My contacts are all still there under the "People" tile on Start Menu.
Bye for now,
BillyColt

Last edited:

BillyColt

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
re: W10 Upgrade for the L925?

Hi, how do you go back to windows 8.1?
I have a 925 that someone updated to W10. It gives a few problems.
Today I lost all contacts and when I go to "people" it shows a blank screen.
This was after the last update 10.0.10586.122
Thanks in advance

Download the Windows Mobile Recovery Tool on your PC, then plug your Nokia 925 into your computer.
So sorry, but I cannot post links here on the forum as yet until after my initiation of 10 posts are completed. Oh well.
Update: Apps updated successfully, but they ask me permission to access certain particulars on my Nokia 925....such as location, internet, blah, blah, blah. Apps require "first use" steps to get them going again. Saved site User Names and Passwords still there but require a gentle nudge for them to be totally automatic again. Phone Pin and Password are still the same, I am currently running on version ending in .122. FWIW....BillyColt

Last edited by a moderator:

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile OTA Update: Windows Phone 8.1 Devices To Receive Build 10586.14 This Month

Microsoft is expected to release the stable build 10586.14 of Windows 10 Mobile for Windows Phone 8.1 devices. The much awaited software upgrade is likely to begin this month.
According to Venture Beatthat cites information that was received by its partners through an email, the Windows 10 Mobile update is expected to release in March 2016. Rumors suggest that the expected Windows Phone 8.1 devices will be receiving Windows 10 Mobile with build number 10586.14.
A user of the Lumia 520 on the Fast Ring of Windows Insiders has revealed that the OTA update notification of the newest build 10586.14 has an official information that states, ?An important update is ready to be downloaded? along with some features of Windows 10 Mobile. Such a piece of information was not seen earlier, Windows Centralreported.
The update will be coming first to smartphones that are already running on Windows 10 Mobile such as Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 550 and Lumia 650. The build number 10586.14 is expected to be a final build of Windows 10. Before installing Windows 10 Mobile update on a Windows Phone 8.1 device, users will be required to install a firmware update.
Venture Beat has further stated that the Windows 10 Mobile update would be arriving passively to the users. It indicates that users will have to manually check for the arrival of the software upgrade on their devices. Later on, Microsoft will be rolling out the OTA to eligible Windows Phone 8.1 devices. The build 10586.14 is very stable and users of Windows Phone 8.1 devices will not major problems after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile.
The arrival of Windows 10 Mobile update seems imminent as multiple sources are indicating its arrival in this month. Vodafone Australiahas confirmed that the testing of the software upgrade has been completed and it waiting for official confirmation to release the update to Lumia 640, 640 XL, 735 and 930. Vodafone Italia?s forum site has stated that Lumia 535, 635, 830, 930 and 1020 will be receiving Windows 10 Mobile update in this week.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Since Dec 2015, every month we have hype of W10M official release for 8.1 phones.
Would this time it be real?

Unless Microsoft themselves are putting out a statement (official, not from an anonymous twitter account), anybody who knows anything isn't going to take anybody's word for it, and certainly not Venture Beat's.

Nevertheless, somebody will eventually be right, and saying "sometime this month" makes Venture Beat's "prediction" so vague that it has a good chance of being "right", even if it's just by chance.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Microsoft have their own internal milestones dates and of course these get leaked or are published by different regional offices without an official go-ahead. Mobile networks are also testing, but don't have any real insight of the release dates.

Gabe and the official Microsoft blog/website remains the only accurate source of any information regarding release dates.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dont do it. Had the worst day of my life installing it

Different people have different experiences. The huge majority of people are able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile without any significant issues. Just because you had problems doesn't mean that everyone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss