W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Different people have different experiences. The huge majority of people are able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile without any significant issues. Just because you had problems doesn't mean that everyone else will.

It is his only phone that he depends on. Anyway, he has to hard reset, download all the apps again. Some function, some don't, camera loads and doesn't. And a lot of network and battery issues. So he better wait for official, at least he can still be in warranty if w10m screws up his device.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Different people have different experiences. The huge majority of people are able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile without any significant issues. Just because you had problems doesn't mean that everyone else will.

You're right. There were people posting on forums about problems(most caused by user error) with even their release upgrade to Windows 10 Desktop, but the vast majority had zero problems. If you depend on that phone, it would be best to stay away from the Preview and just wait for the release version. It's going to be good.

BillyColt

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10 Upgrade for the L925?

Good News. I opted out of the Insider Program. Nokia Lumia 925 in the Settings Menu under "System" "About" states version as "Windows 10 Mobile". Windows phone version10586.164 exactly matches Windows 10 PC version 10586.164. Upon opting out of the Insider ring, the update was then titled as "Windows 10 Threshold", and as a standalone entity, my Windows 10 Nokia 925 says it is up to date. After checking other sources, it appears that Windows 10 version 10586.164 will be the release candidate. Everything so far, is working...mobile banking, music, edge, and the power usage and charging are back to normal. My contacts are there ....everything works as before...Cortana is offering help to me as we speak...wanting me to ask her something...and is showing me a demonstration Tutorial. I still love my Nokia 925...now with Windows 10 finally.
FWIW,
BillyColt

jgch

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Are there any Italians in the forum? Given the announced time frame, at least some of them must have received the final version.

If not, the project team under Gabe's 'leadership' is in deep sh**. They are even communicating the wrong dates to the network operators.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If not, the project team under Gabe's 'leadership' is in deep sh**. They are even communicating the wrong dates to the network operators.

This is incorrect. Microsoft will confidentially disclose projected milestone dates internally and to service providers, but these milestone dates will pass if things aren't ready for roll-out. These dates you've seen are these confidential internal dates that are leaked or mistakenly announced. As always, use Gabe's Twitter and the Microsoft Blog as the only credible source for information. I would cite Windows Central as a source as well, but the editorial team have also in the past offered dates when reporting on unverified stories.

jgch

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
This is incorrect. Microsoft will confidentially disclose projected milestone dates internally and to service providers, but these milestone dates will pass if things aren't ready for roll-out. These dates you've seen are these confidential internal dates that are leaked or mistakenly announced. As always, use Gabe's Twitter and the Microsoft Blog as the only credible source for information. I would cite Windows Central as a source as well, but the editorial team have also in the past offered dates when reporting on unverified stories.

MSFTs communication is a disaster! Vodafone Italy hasn't searched the rollout schedule in a crystal ball.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Again, it's not Microsoft's miscommunication, it's third parties (and some Microsoft regional offices) who are announcing internal dates as though they are real and consequently misleading customers.

This is why I'm repeating that Gabe and the official MS blog are the only credible sources of information.

Alacorn

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Windows Mobile release date: "When It's Done" - I hope this joke is not out of date. :p

Guys we see the progress of the insider builds all the time, depends on how things go it is up to 2 more months at my estimations just to polish what we have now. Not that munch, we already waited months far past those original ETA dates, so it doesn't really matter by now.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows Mobile release date: "When It's Done" - I hope this joke is not out of date. :p

Guys we see the progress of the insider builds all the time, depends on how things go it is up to 2 more months at my estimations just to polish what we have now. Not that munch, we already waited months far past those original ETA dates, so it doesn't really matter by now.

This polish story is gonna be for ever. I was missing this POLISH story for a while now. THanks for bringing it up.

Know that whether MS releases it now or after two centuries, its still gonna be the same crappy build.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It's not about polishing. Gabe f*** up this project. With proper project management, Gabe must have seen this situation already in Summer last year (or earlier). The inability to communicate a release is eating away their credibility. I doubt that MSFT releases W10M before April or May.
I suspect that some of the programming team that had been leant to the W10M side was poached to try and resolve the SkyLake issues in the Surface line.

Surface is way more visible to the world than W10M, and they cant afford to have a quality issue in their flagship computing line. They have already lost in mobile, so their comeback is targeted to a business case in the first place. Fixing Surface is the right move, especially since even their current mobile base is looking forward to the Surface Phone. Protecting the Surface brand has to be their top priority.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Waiting for Windows 10 Mobile reminds me of the time i waited impatiently for a Denim Update on my 930. I just really really hope they don't go the same way as before --> few devices and countries at the time, which took too long at the end....

I'm not complaining, i'm just hyped that's all :) Want to do a hard reset, but not before official release.

Ken Johns

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been the (not so) proud owner of a Lumia 640 Dual SIM for a whole year now - just celebrated its birthday! I was one of the unfortunates that actually fell for the "Microsoft Executive says..." line, that the 640 Dual Sim would be "one of the first" to receive Windows 10 upgrade. I really believed it, despite my many years experience in the field of communications industry. To put it plainly, if a team of mine had taken as long as Gabe's to put a software like this together, I would have disbanded it months ago: This isn't going to last you know, as Microsoft must already be grinding their teeth at the damage these extreme delays are causing them. Although Windows 8.1 works OK, it's quickly getting less attractive, and with the current market share being what it is, how long have they got, realistically?

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
They key is in the title of the thread, dates, not date.

Lots and lots of dates, rumours, innuendo, and buggy betas, but no finished product.

Cmon MS prove me wrong!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

They didn't and my Windows Phone excursion is over, reassured now my move to Android 3 years ago was the right one.

Does anyone know how to deregister from this forum, Windows Central don't answer emails!

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm caught between updating to insider or just waiting bcuz I don't want to upgrade and then the next day it's released....

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm caught between updating to insider or just waiting bcuz I don't want to upgrade and then the next day it's released....
Im on insider release ring, quite stable on lumia 640. If w10m releases you can easily change back to production ring from insider app and you will get official build. No need to go back to 8.1

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There is also now a rumor from a Chinese website that Microsoft will make the announcement today and the official roll-out will begin in the usual staggered way to a few devices at a time beginning on March 17.

Let's just wait and see if and when Microsoft does an official announcement. I do agree that I believe 10.0.10586.164 is a great candidate for an official release, though. I'm enjoying it quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa