W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castform

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Lumia 820 and I don't see it on updates list nor did I get update notification :/

Earlier I've seen 820 on wave 2 list, but now I'm seeing people saying there won't be second wave of updates?

Did you download the UpdateAdvisor on your lumia?
What did the UpdateAdvisor say?

ac7ivi7y

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
W10 the new UI require more performance devices i think. So old hardware is better with W8.1 again W10. But everyone can update the latest from the insider program so i think this is not a problem.

ac7ivi7y

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded W10 to version 164
Carrier: Vivacom
MS Lumia 640 Dual Sim

First I have some issue with the new OS. The Address Book or Peoples dont have anymore the option to link a facebook account to an existing phone numbers. The only thing you can link is skype accounts.
The second is a bug I think - from the settings menu -> Extras there is no way to open display settings. Clicking the menu do nothing.

Everything other works great. I have some lag in applications but i think after after update in the future MS will make the OS more stable and bug free.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Pretty large, because once you've installed it you need to run 'Update' which then downloads a more recent build to update the OS a second time. So, it's twice as big as you feared. Bad for capped allowances.

One at a time though, so not so bad for storage space. Actual download size, unsure. It isn't mentioned.

bigboss-62

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 was a flagship and only received 1 big update (if you count 8 -> 8.1 as a big update). This is even worse than Android.
"All 8.1 devices will receive Windows 10 update!!" -Microsoft
What happened?
Leave Windows Phone now if you don't want to suffer more until it's dead.
Devices with 1 gig ram will receive update in second wave...
android sucks btw
For Lumia 920, things are clear and M$ is coming back on its words...
Don't wait for W10M on this device, it will NEVER come in final release...
I feel it will be the same for x20 (except 1520) and x25 devices :(

Source:
https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/710519471564140544

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
512 MEG Windows Phones cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile - Official Announcement from Microsoft.

That might give you the answer if you have been trying with no success.

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick comment, currently my lumia 930 on O2 (UK) network has been updated, took an hour half start to finish, my Lumia 640 country variant UK (no carrier lock) is still saying no update available, so I guess a matter of time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss