W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Really disappointing to see that i lost my draft messages (messaging app)
There is no draft folder in win10m and I had plenty of important stuff stored there.. The messaging app was quite handy and quick so i used to store important info there instead of using onenote (most of the time)...

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia 930... The upgrades, first .107 couple of hours later upgraded to .164... Both upgrades were smooth.. Dint face a single problem... :)... I found all my data were intact no data loss... :).... Initially battery was draining and did couple of restart(press and hold power button till the mobile shuts down with vibration)... I like the new UI.... But was let down with onedrive UI... It is awful...
Found few issues below

1) Background app list shows duplicate app
2) Accessing file info for a video force closes the file app
3) Now we cannot identify between gmail, outlook and exchange email in lock screen since all shows same icon need to change this.. Won 8.1 had respective icons on the lock screen
4) While selecting individual mail thread (check box selection) i can only select max 32. On selecting the 33rd mail thread all 32 gets unselected
5)Movies and TV app does not show videos from camera roll

Still working on seeing if I get any issues... Till now public release build on my Lumia 930 .. Looks good... :)... Hopefully it will be good .. Going forward.....

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I am happy to report that phone vibrates continuously while ringing; unlike only one vibration on W8.1. Happy camper!

I observed this too!!

I owned a L520 which used to ring+vibrate simultaneously..but when I bought L640, It used to vibrate for few seconds and then ring ..

After upgrade to 10, it does that simultaneously.... :)

Btw few things about 10 on a downside:

1) Nav bar does not hide by swipe for few apps (eg metrotube, tubecast)

2) no navbar settings in settings menu

3) native windows phone 8/8.1 apps load up slow.. Appears as if phone runs an emulator to load them up and they no longer appear to be native apps. Big blow to backwards compatibility.

4) core & important apps like phone and messaging not as speedy ,fluid & quick as they were in 8.1.

5) games suffer with occasional lag..even lighter ones..(ran smooth on 8.1)

6) some apps 'hide' after opening and dont show up in app switcher... They show up on clearing it..one after another! Btw..the app switcher also appears somewhat strange to me now..it appears that ms has changed the way previously opened apps are placed..

Last edited:

Nights Viper

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Can someone experiencing the issue where the phone is eligible for windows 10 mobile but the carrier is working on approving the update try the below:

"Can someone try this scenario: t mobile/at&t Lumia 640 on windows phone 8.1 (denim). Download windows insider and join the release preview ring (this process took my at&t lumia 830 to windows 10 10586.107. As soon as update is complete switch to the production ring on the insider app. Now go to settings>update & security>phone update and see if that produces the 10586.168 build."

Posted via the Windows Central App for Lagdroid. I kid I kid :D

I just tried this with a Lumia 635. No sim in it but still an at&t phone. I got to version 10.0.10586.164 and it says it's up to date.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, I have a Lumia 640 with Cricket as my service provider. After running the Upgrade Adviser app, I get this:

123844d1458247845t-wp_ss_20160317_0010.png

So, what's up? How do I install Windows 10 mobile on my phone without joining the insider program?

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
OK, I have a Lumia 640 with Cricket as my service provider. After running the Upgrade Adviser app, I get this:

View attachment 124036

So, what's up? How do I install Windows 10 mobile on my phone without joining the insider program?

You have to wait till cricket approves it.

I'm joining the insider tomorrow with my 640 since T-Mobile didn't release yet. I'll join release ring and then production, since its the same update as official minus firmware, which you'll get when cricket approves.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
You have to wait till cricket approves it.

I'm joining the insider tomorrow with my 640 since T-Mobile didn't release yet. I'll join release ring and then production, since its the same update as official minus firmware, which you'll get when cricket approves.

How do we know they will approve it? Not just Cricket (AT&T) but any other vendor either. Hasn't this been one of the main problems all along, allowing the service providers to block distribution of updates and patches and such?

This doesn't make sense to me. I thought with Windows 10 mobile, Microsoft was going to cut these guys out of the process. But first these same service providers have to effectively approve of their being cut out of the process? If so, then it appears that this process may well be set up to fail.

Catalin Vlad

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Country variant Windows 10.0.13080.107 Empty

this is what the Microsoft websites tells us the latest version of windows 10 on lumia 730 . but what we got is 10586.164 . is something wrong here?

is something big coming??
we need an answer for this

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
How do we know they will approve it? Not just Cricket (AT&T) but any other vendor either. Hasn't this been one of the main problems all along, allowing the service providers to block distribution of updates and patches and such?

This doesn't make sense to me. I thought with Windows 10 mobile, Microsoft was going to cut these guys out of the process. But first these same service providers have to effectively approve of their being cut out of the process? If so, then it appears that this process may well be set up to fail.

I'm on your side! I was screwed too, but this is how u leapfrog it

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Once a device gets Windows 10 Mobile the OS updates come directly from Microsoft instead of the carrier. You just have to be patient and wait for your carrier to approve the Windows 10 Mobile rollout.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
which handset?

Lumia 730...

I noticed a few bugs on this final yet a bit buggy Wp:
1.After a restart, most of SD card app icons are blank on start screen.
2.Whenever I go to background apps, one program always show up twice in the list, and this program changes each time I visit the setting lol.
3. Microsoft edge browser sometimes shows blank white space when Im scrolling through the page and then returns to normal.
4. Sometimes, screen is too bright when i open the phone again. this happens a bit occasionally now. Maybe it's a bug with the automatic brightness sensor.

This is post HR(Hard Reset). and Microsoft, kindly remove feedback options from all the system apps in future. This is not a Beta version. Windows feedback app alone is enough.

Last edited:

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
After updating to .107 got updated to .164 ... OS looks great no problem now in 107 battery draining was heavy and there was little problem with camera...i think from my experience with my x20 series phone I think the phone with 1gb should have allowed to update

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just tried this with a Lumia 635. No sim in it but still an at&t phone. I got to version 10.0.10586.164 and it says it's up to date.

If your 635 is the 512 mb device, it won't get the official update unfortunately. You can still continue to get updates through the insider program but it won't get redstone builds once MS starts releasing redstone insider builds to older 8.1 devices who were officially updated to windows 10 mobile.

Nights Viper

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
If your 635 is the 512 mb device, it won't get the official update unfortunately. You can still continue to get updates through the insider program but it won't get redstone builds once MS starts releasing redstone insider builds to older 8.1 devices who were officially updated to windows 10 mobile.

No that was just my Dad's old phone. My main phone is a Lumia 1520 and I think I'm just going to wait for the official release from at&t rather than loophole it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz