Tap to pay

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So I saw a video that showed and Asian lady using her Windows phone to tap to pay, implying that this might soon be available. However, I have heard nothing about this feature for W10 mobile. Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So I saw a video that showed and Asian lady using her Windows phone to tap to pay, implying that this might soon be available. However, I have heard nothing about this feature for W10 mobile. Anyone know anything?

Thanks!
Have not heard anything, but tap to pay is one of those things that is a MUST for Windows Phone going forward

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was digging in my settings, Settings, Devices, NFC.

Now I am really confused and hopeful...anyone explain how to use this?

Last edited:

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
This is my "Microsoft Pay" solution, a Barclaycard tap and pay (Bpay) sticker set into my 640 flip case, it works a treat and usually gets a response at the till "is that apply pay?"
Sadly there is no windows app but there is a mobile Web site to transfer money on and off the card, I've got a live tile linked to the site..

I'm enjoying using it to pay for coffee and stuff and fooling the apple brigade

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 20150821_120311.jpg
    20150821_120311.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 39

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
The Bpay sticker has its own NFC chip so it's nor using the 640 phone or its built in NFC in any way, the sticker is sell contained you could stick it on your forehead and tap your head on the reader if you choose to!
I liked the neat way it fits in my phone case, it seems made for it.

You have to link a card to your BPAY account and it is this card that feeds funds on to the BPAY sticker. You can use any credit or debit card to set this up. I have my credit card linked and an auto top up set to load ?10 when the balance on the card drops to ?5.

You can see all your trasactions on the mobile website, you get an email when the top up occurs too. The sticker cost ?15, it's fun using it and low risk financially

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The Bpay sticker has its own NFC chip so it's nor using the 640 phone or its built in NFC in any way, the sticker is sell contained you could stick it on your forehead and tap your head on the reader if you choose to!
I liked the neat way it fits in my phone case, it seems made for it.

You have to link a card to your BPAY account and it is this card that feeds funds on to the BPAY sticker. You can use any credit or debit card to set this up. I have my credit card linked and an auto top up set to load ?10 when the balance on the card drops to ?5.

You can see all your trasactions on the mobile website, you get an email when the top up occurs too. The sticker cost ?15, it's fun using it and low risk financially

I understand and thanks. But looking in Settings, Devices, NFC it seems there is a way to link a credit card - I just don't know how to do it...???

http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/official-demo-how-to-setup-use-tap-to-pay-in-windows-10-for-phones/

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sigh....We had it at one point and Freaking Google buys it out and we lose it...

Although it's a cool feature, after having it for a while I found only a few places around me supported it, namely McDonalds (that I don't go to very often) and starbucks (that I only go to every once and a while) and there was one other store that was way out-of-the-way to go to often.

We'll see what Windows 10 brings but, like everything else as hardware features go on Windows Phone, I don't have my hopes up...

So, although cool feature, if no places really support it, what is the point ?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
In the UK they are becoming more and more common and quite a few stores have them.

But it is probably a novelty to tap with your phone rather than card, the issue is if its over ?20 (soon ?30) then you have to use your card so you need it with you anyway.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Great "solution"!
Can you explain the NFC settings above? It's there a way to link a credit card?

Also see:
http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/official-demo-how-to-setup-use-tap-to-pay-in-windows-10-for-phones/

This option is not new to W10, as it existed in WP 8.1

However, in 8.1 you could use credit/debit cards and even your PayPal account for tap to pay as long as you had them linked to your Microsoft Account and your phone had a secure sim. This no longer seems possible in Windows 10 Mobile.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This option is not new to W10, as it existed in WP 8.1

However, in 8.1 you could use credit/debit cards and even your PayPal account for tap to pay as long as you had them linked to your Microsoft Account and your phone had a secure sim. This no longer seems possible in Windows 10 Mobile.

I tried this in 8.1 but post softcard, I could never get it to work. Are you able to do it now in 8.1?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes