How can I get DLNA on Windows 10 Mobile?

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
DLNA on Windows 10 Mobile

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I was able to retain all the apps and all worked fine. Then, yesterday I did a hard reset on the phone. It cleared the phone so I had to install all the apps again. I was able to find many apps on the store but some of them like Lumia branded ones (Creative Studio, Play To DLNA) are missing. Since I used Play To to stream photos on Philips LED TV, I am left with no option now. I also tried to install Play To via XAP installable file but it does not install. Can anyone suggest me an app for that or a compatible Play To app for Windows 10?

I am using a Lumia 920 and Philips LED 7000 series Smart LED TV with Android.

Last edited:

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Just curious... I have a simmilar Philips smart TV, that supports DLNA, but even in 8.1 my phone couldn't see the TV on the same network, and i've tried both Play To and project my screen. Is that why you are using android, because it didn't work without it?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not just DLNA. Miracast screen mirroring is also messed up.

Works fine for WP8.1 and Windows 8.1, but on the same hardware, will not work on Windows 10 or Windows 10 for Mobile.

Clearly, Microsoft still has bugs to fix for 10.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Sony Blu-ray player that works with Windows 8.1 (phone and PC), although it's rather clunky as you have to go through a pairing procedure on both devices. Anything on Win 10 just won't go.

The Android users in my house seem to be able to do all kinds of cool streaming to the Bluray player without having to go though the lengthy pairing mess I did even when it worked in 8.1. I'm not sure what it is they are using. They can even lock their phones without it shutting down the connection.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I am not using Android! The Philips TV has got Android. I was perfectly able to stream using the Play To app on Windows 8.1. It still worked after I update to Windows 10. It's just that after a hard reset, the app vanished from the phone and there seems no way to get it back.

Microsoft today updated their Creative Studio to support Windows 10. May be they will update the "Play To" app too!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I am not using Android! The Philips TV has got Android. I was perfectly able to stream using the Play To app on Windows 8.1. It still worked after I update to Windows 10. It's just that after a hard reset, the app vanished from the phone and there seems no way to get it back.

Microsoft today updated their Creative Studio to support Windows 10. May be they will update the "Play To" app too!

Which model is the Philips TV? In my case any app on WP8.1 and now 10 couldn't see that TV, but i could see other.. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos