Can I pin multiple (separate) email accounts to the home screen?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
OK, my only real question regarding more recent builds of W10M is whether we are still able to pin multiple (separate) email accounts to the home screen? I thought there was a build where this was not possible. Sorry, I did search around for the answer a bit but I probably could have done more. Thanks in advance.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't the OS build that was stopping us from pinning accounts, it was the actual mail app. That has been fixed for a while now.

After setting up the mail app and adding your multiple accounts, select the menu button in the top left corner, then select 'Accounts'. Long press the account you want until the menu comes up and select 'pin to start'. Done.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't the OS build that was stopping us from pinning accounts, it was the actual mail app. That has been fixed for a while now.

After setting up the mail app and adding your multiple accounts, select the menu button in the top left corner, then select 'Accounts'. Long press the account you want until the menu comes up and select 'pin to start'. Done.

Thank you. I did install the initial insider build on a L730 long ago and it was woeful so I immediately flashed back to 8.1. Not long ago I installed a more recent version. While performance was much better, it still wasn’t ready for daily use. Then I sold that phone so I had to flash 8.1 back again. I did try to pin separate email accounts to the start menu but could not figure it out in the little time I got to try it out.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried that. I seem to MAX out at 2 email accounts... the rest always give the UNPIN option (even though they are not pinned..).. I'll try again by deleting all Pinned Outlook instances plus the calander from the Start Screen.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I deleted the mail accounts... readded them.. then I was able to pin tiles for each account to the start menu. Operates just like it did in Phone8.1 now.. which is nice... Flexible notificaitons for each account as well... Good stuff..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99