Was project Astoria released or is it still under development?

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I see all these videos on youtube of people who have installed android apps on there win10 mobiles. so i was wondering if i have missed something or we have to wait for proper and stable software and guidelines by microsoft for installing android apps!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is currently under development and is aimed at developers to help them easily port their apps to the Windows Phone Store.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, considering we're talking about a leak, not an official release last time I checked, of a very complex/fancy feature in an OS that it itself isn't complete then I believe the answer becomes clear.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not actually going to be out for public use (meaning Android apps on W10M) until 2016, as Microsoft prefers to cobble some mess together, throw it out there, then add features when the adoption rate is crap because they didn't finish the OS in the first place.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Project Astoria was not and is not a plan by Microsoft to turn Windows phone into an Android launcher. As such, Astoria isn't intended to be public facing. Tools were leaked and people got really excited to see Android apps running on Windows devices. But the results may vary greatly and no matter how you figure, you are breaking the legal terms of use of Android APKs and Windows developer tools.

But, the silver lining is that Astoria may be the real deal, and Android app developers may have the drive to use Astoria to make their Android apps Windows compatible upon it's launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb