Does Windows 10 Mobile Support Third Party Keyboards?

EnemiesInTheEnd

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Does Windows 10 Mobile allow you to change the keyboard to a third party keyboard? If not, how is the Windows 10 Mobile keyboard? Is it better than the WP8.1 keyboard?

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
may yes you can. I have just ordered a MICROSOFT UNIVERSAL MOBILE KEYBOARD. There is also a foldable keyboard available from microsoft. I think the difficult thing is to find one with bluetooth 4 support. Most keyboards on ebay are still on bluetooth 2 or 3 and i doubt they will work. However i will report when i have tested the universal mobile keyboard.
regards

EnemiesInTheEnd

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
may yes you can. I have just ordered a MICROSOFT UNIVERSAL MOBILE KEYBOARD. There is also a foldable keyboard available from microsoft. I think the difficult thing is to find one with bluetooth 4 support. Most keyboards on ebay are still on bluetooth 2 or 3 and i doubt they will work. However i will report when i have tested the universal mobile keyboard.
regards

Sorry. I should have specified that I was talking about virtual keyboards.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
regards

1) OP is referring to third party software keyboards. It's not supported (at this time).
2) On the hardware side, the version of Bluetooth doesn't matter. As long as the keyboard is Bluetooth HID compliant (which is has to be) it will work.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Does Windows 10 Mobile allow you to change the keyboard to a third party keyboard? If not, how is the Windows 10 Mobile keyboard? Is it better than the WP8.1 keyboard?

It won't support third party keyboards but the windows 10 keyboard is better now. You can now speak to type by pressing a microphone button. There's also this little nub that helps you move the cursor when writing.

IEhrgeizI

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Don't know why you'd want a 3rd party keyboard. Windows phone has the best by far. Only thing I can find that's any good elsewhere is SwiftKey.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb