Running apps side-by-side on W10M?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
But with w10m you can close wifi with one tap... That is something...

Is there still a way to get to the available Wi-Fi networks in one tap? I just installed the Insider preview last night. Today at lunch, I saw an open wi-fi network was available, but when I tapped in the notification center to open the wi-fi settings and join, it just toggled off my wi-fi antenna. Is there an easier way to get to the available networks other tan tapping Settings>Network & Wireless>Wi-Fi?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there still a way to get to the available Wi-Fi networks in one tap? I just installed the Insider preview last night. Today at lunch, I saw an open wi-fi network was available, but when I tapped in the notification center to open the wi-fi settings and join, it just toggled off my wi-fi antenna. Is there an easier way to get to the available networks other tan tapping Settings>Network & Wireless>Wi-Fi?

long-press the Wi-Fi toggle in the notification center.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Floating windows on a mobile device just has never been compelling to me. Kind of like actionable notifications and the other "must have features".

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The whole point of this little example was to show that more can be done with the OS. Whether or not that should happen or if users want it at all is debatable. I was watching the Note 5 review and seeing all the things you could actually do with the features. Apparently everyone here is content with things the way they are and that's fine. For me personally, I'd like to see more features come to Windows 10 Mobile than just a few more quick toggle shortcuts, a visual face-lift, and some rebranded services that are barely any better than the Windows Phone 7.5 days.(see Groove Music and Photos) Besides if Windows 10 is going to run on all form factors, we could get some kind of split screen snap feature for high end Windows Phone devices like the Lumia 940/940XL. No one can convince that it would not be both cool and productive to do a video Skype call or watch a movie in the Movies & TV app while browsing the Edge browser or making a calendar appointment at the same time.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You've got all the news you need-- there's no true multitasking on WP10 either and I dont think we need such a feature in this locked-down OS anyway :) . if you want to do everything, switch to Android. Trust me, you'll be the one happier if you can use Android to its full potential.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Quick off-topic - does that messy cluttered status-bar on Android make anyone else want to puke?

Seriously on every single Android phone that I had in the past, I never left more than 1 icon to remain on top, even when I was running some ram booster apps I disabled the icon so it wouldn't clutter the status bar :p

Android is certainly one of the worst nightmares for people with OCD!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's me adding up my total on a small calculator app while checking off items on Wunderlist.
But at checkout you can see a running total as items are processed. So just put the least important items in your cart first and most important last. Then at checkout when the running total approaches your budget (or net worth if not into budgeting), just stop. [/glass is half full]

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
But at checkout you can see a running total as items are processed. So just put the least important items in your cart first and most important last. Then at checkout when the running total approaches your net worth, just stop. [/glass is half full]
But if I can do that before I even get to the register how much more beneficial is that? I can do my budget while I'm shopping. Don't make excuses for us not to have features that could be useful and quite frankly are a little old now. We should be able to do these types of things on WP or maybe this experimental year with Android has showed me a little more than I expected.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
But as I can see just from the few responses here you guys are fine with having things the way they are and that's fine.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
These examples of this 'great' feature look clunky and unnecessary. Either I'm watching a video or I'm doing something else. I mean how are you going to edit a Word document when a video takes half the screen.... where does the keyboard go!

Now with Continuum with dual screens, WM10 will likely permit two apps to run in a usable way, but in 99.9% of cases with such a small screen, this is a pointless feature.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You've got all the news you need-- there's no true multitasking on WP10 either and I dont think we need such a feature in this locked-down OS anyway :) . if you want to do everything, switch to Android. Trust me, you'll be the one happier if you can use Android to its full potential.

Every other Android user complains about phone batteries that run out half way through the day. Uncontrolled multi-tasking = using lots of battery. Which is why iOS and Windows have managed ways for apps to multi-task without burning the battery. And yes, that means not having silly little floating windows!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
These examples of this 'great' feature look clunky and unnecessary. Either I'm watching a video or I'm doing something else. I mean how are you going to edit a Word document when a video takes half the screen.... where does the keyboard go!

Now with Continuum with dual screens, WM10 will likely permit two apps to run in a usable way, but in 99.9% of cases with such a small screen, this is a pointless feature.
I was just giving an example but since you asked...here you go. Not to mention that some keyboards are even resizable and the video window can be resized. My point is that there are things that can be done simultaneously and this is on a 5.1" phone. Obviously you guys only find the negative in things. uploadfromtaptalk1440683444990.jpg

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright with the pictures, we got it. :grin:
Quick off-topic - does that messy cluttered status-bar on Android make anyone else want to puke?
Here's the thing. You can choose exactly what you want and don't want to show up in the status bar.You can have as clean as you want it to be.uploadfromtaptalk1440684632485.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs