Windows Mobile becoming Android?

Mr Question himself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
yeah yeah I get what some of you mean by "this is not the final build but just a developing stage". Hello? think nicely, would they change everything that they have put their hard works on for, after "this" longtime? now, the only way is to compromise and try to forget what WP8.1 was like. #WP8.1WasTheBestWindowsOSEver
Update: I'm back on 8.1 and not going back until I hear awesome reviews!

Last edited:

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Not only Androidy it's pure ugly.. Non premium looking.. Specially in dark theme.. All the gray backgrounds and accent colors look cheap.. I hate W10M.. For me WP 8 was a great looking OS, they should have just added features to it.. Even the start screen of W10M looks ugly.. Font, action center, notifications everything gray completely cheap garbage..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Not only Androidy it's pure ugly.. Non premium looking.. Specially in dark theme.. All the gray backgrounds and accent colors look cheap.. I hate W10M.. For me WP 8 was a great looking OS, they should have just added features to it.. Even the start screen of W10M looks ugly.. Font, action center, notifications everything gray completely cheap garbage..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
You should try the white theme

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
To tell MS that their OS is looking like a wannabe version of Android. They did remove the hamburger menu in the photos app though so maybe they're getting the hint.

No, stop that, Microsoft didn't just suddenly decide to remove the hamburger menu, they have shown mockups way early in the tp showing what they envisioned for the photos app, and guess what? it looked VERY similar to the new ui of the photos app, ms didn't just decide to change it, its something they were working on for a long time, I'm willing to bet most of the apps are the same way right now.

Stephen Pate

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The latest build of WP10 is very stylish but not easy to use. The keyboards are so small, my average sized fingers are typing the wrong keys more than the right ones. It's a very frustrating phone after WP8 & 8.1.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Have you guys all forgotten that Microsoft does not have infinite resources and that they're building two entire operating systems from the ground up? Yes they do use a lot of the same code but when you get down to it Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile are fundamentally different. And it's HARD to build an entire operating system. It'll never be perfect at launch, just like Windows 10 is NOT perfect right now. It'll take a few updates probably before it's truly what Microsoft wants it to be. If they waited until the operating system was perfect then they'd never release it and by the time they did fart it out cars would be flying and Apple would be releasing a new holographic smartphone the size of an M&M.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I know it's hard, but in all honesty if you can't deliver a well polished product then.....

I am with the OP, also think this OS is shaping up to being the opposite of what wp started as. From simple and fast to slow and bloated.

aaglee

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
windows 10 mobile is adopting both android and ios. we can say its like touchwiz UI of samsung which is adopting iphone. you may call them thief.. but for me its nice.

Sent from my Windows 10 mobile using Tapatalk android

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am with the OP, also think this OS is shaping up to being the opposite of what wp started as. From simple and fast to slow and bloated.

I wouldn't say WP is becoming bloated. It is getting features that it should have had a long time ago. It's just that they're not being implemented very well. It is becoming what Android was several years ago. And in that several years, Android has become more polished and many bugs have been squashed. Give WP a couple years; it'll come around.

Your are correct that it was simple. But that was also part of its downfall. It was too simple.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I have already given it a couple of years, I've been on WP since 7.5. To be honest I have made up my mind in these last days and I'm going back to iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss