Windows Mobile becoming Android?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It's certainly happening, and I'm not a fan. This pop-out menu crap adds 1-2 steps to basically every function in the OS. What's more, it's ridiculous that the majority of folks are right-handed, so they put the button in the corner farthest from your hand. Given the increase in screen sizes in the last 3 years or so, I don't get that idea. They should have you select the menu button location, at the minimum, because ANY of the 3 corners not having it now would make more ergonomic sense.

I'm disappointed in the UI for apps now myself, that's what I'm getting at. On top of that, the music player's considerably worse, and the mail and calendar features are a bit bothersome to use as well. It's hard to tell what's unfinished/bugged and what's just going to either be a design change or left broken at release, because we know that we're not getting a complete OS at launch.
No one knows when the OS is launching anyway. Just keep calm and send feedback.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No one knows when the OS is launching anyway. Just keep calm and send feedback.

We pretty much do. It's supposed to be a fall matter, likely around the same time as WP8 (early-November). It's probably RTM in October, meaning maybe 4-6 more weeks of development time. We don't have the exact date, but we'll probably get a good idea of that next week, at IDF (well, it was supposedly going to be that the phones were announced there, but now it might be at Microsoft's own event in November, probably in a feeble attempt to escape the Apple hype train these clowns keep releasing their phones in the middle of).

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, we all agree that it's looking way more like Android, and way less like Windows Phone. But that's what Microsoft wants. And they won't change their mind. They will change a few things, like the hamburger menu in Photos, but the whole idea stays the same. It's not necessarily a bad thing on it's own, Android knows to be really good. You shouldn't hate something just because it looks like Android, you should hate it if it's trully bad, which Win10M isn't...yet.

The best thing I can say is, report any issues you have to the feedback app, and if MS sees something as a big problem, they'll do something about it. But don't expect MS to suddenly drop their whole plan, and listen to you.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using wp10 tp since two months now. And the fact that I did notice is that the UI is gradually converting into android. WP8.1 had an awesome UI and I wanted that same UI to be in 10. But everytime I use my phone,I feel like using an android device. I wish the final build will change this!
Some of the "androidy" looks.... round contacts, aeroplane sign in place of send button, hamburger menu, looks of app start page, dialer, mail app, music app and playback, files app (this is the only android feel i want it to stay), etc.

so you are saying windows 10 is becoming android???
the new mobile OS is aligning with its desktop counterpart.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been using wp10 tp since two months now. And the fact that I did notice is that the UI is gradually converting into android. WP8.1 had an awesome UI and I wanted that same UI to be in 10. But everytime I use my phone,I feel like using an android device. I wish the final build will change this!
Some of the "androidy" looks.... round contacts, aeroplane sign in place of send button, hamburger menu, looks of app start page, dialer, mail app, music app and playback, files app (this is the only android feel i want it to stay), etc.

This isn't Android trust me its still very closed up. I think what you meant to say is that it's looking more and more like windows 10 on PC ;)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hey you're using incomplete OS
PPlease realize that they isn't start optimized it yet.

I think iit's still on adding features stages so stop using it.

I recall almost the exact same thing being said about the desktop OS and tablet mode, "its just a preview", look how that turned out.....

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It's just a preview, it's incomplete, it's a beta, it will fixed later, send in feedback, wait for Windows 10.1 whatever etc.

Remember when 8.1 came out and it just worked?

mikefarinha

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is Microsofts efforts to lure developers over to windows by making dev tools to allow existing iOS and Android developers to quickly port their existing apps over to windows 10 and windows 10 mobile. Microsoft is probably trying to ensure that the user experience of the android and iOS apps don't feel too out of place on windows.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
how did you get to this?

Search for a folder in file explorer such as Documents and go into it. You'll notice the location at the top changes to MainOS (C:) which you can use to access system files.

To get to the Android stuff I just searched for Android in MainOS (C:.)

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Search for a folder in file explorer such as Documents and go into it. You'll notice the location at the top changes to MainOS (C:) which you can use to access system files.

To get to the Android stuff I just searched for Android in MainOS (C:.)

doesn't work for me. files explorer>this device> each time I press on a file, the header stay the same = this device>documents>field medic and so on
I cannot reproduce yours

what OS are you running...mine is 512

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
doesn't work for me. files explorer>this device> each time I press on a file, the header stay the same = this device>documents>field medic and so on
I cannot reproduce yours

what OS are you running...mine is 512

Open the File Explorer app, then search for some file that's on your phone memory, for example, search for img0. Then press and hold that file, go to properties, and on the top you'll see it's under MainOS (C:) \ ... Then just click MainOS (C:).

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
too late, I'm reverting to 8.1...LOL as my 830 had some problem with some apps...not a whole lot but just enough.
My 830 has to work good when I am at work.
One time I could not open text..which I need for work

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs