I hope Microsoft does alot more updating

terrylw64

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
The subject lines says it all. I would hope that we would see more frequent updates to the OS. At this point, it's somewhat lacking and needs some major cosmetics.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You can hope for many things. But there is not a major change to be expected in the priority the mobile OS has for Microsoft. It is just logical that they focus on the desktop version since it is officially released and already installed on many computers in productive environment. Also in the market of desktop operating systems they are still in business while for smartphones they riding a dead horse.
Additionally it is not that simple that staff working on the desktop version can easily jump in to support the development team of the mobile version. And as we all know the staff has already been reduced.
So seeing it from the view of Microsoft (and it's shareholders) it is "better" to focus on the desktop version.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure MS has the capacity to walk and chew gum at the same time. There are seperate teams. Desktop/mobile. I'm sure there is a schedule and they are sticking too it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs