Bring back Lumia Camera features and Lumia imaging apps

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure what the right way is but I'm trying this here.

I believe there are thousands like me who want the Imaging apps to be better and richer and not reduced.

Check this article from the Lumia Conversations page: Streamlining the photo experience in Windows - Conversations: The Microsoft Devices blog

We can see that some imaging apps are going to be discontinued. If you hard reset after October, you won't get these apps back.

I would really like to see Action shot return to camera as well as Lumia refocus get a better site for uploading and viewing images. I know there are others who would want Panorama to be there as well as Photosynth and others.

We need these apps as they are what made Lumia devices stand out

Thank you

Chintan

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's just gone. Get used to it. No poll or uservoice request is bringing it back. It's sad on one hand, but on the other I really didn't use any of those apps. Even Photosynth which was totaly crazy. They should really implement as much features as they can into the default camera app, and that will work great.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
It's just gone. Get used to it. No poll or uservoice request is bringing it back. It's sad on one hand, but on the other I really didn't use any of those apps. Even Photosynth which was totaly crazy. They should really implement as much features as they can into the default camera app, and that will work great.

It's odd to me that MS plans to fight the Android/iOS app-mania with even less apps and features than what they previously lost the war with... ?
Is this some strange fetish for losing they are showing?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I would agree with you if they were to bring back action shot. But they removed that as well as downgrading the quality of the default camera in Windows Mobile 10

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
One golden rule for MS should be "Do not remove good stuff Before you have something better to replace it with".
This is extra important for WP/W10M as it already lacks a lot of features...

That would be assuming that the leadership at MS has any common sense or direction. It seems with every poorly thought out move they're telling people to stay away from WP/W10Meh. Such a huge waste.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That would be assuming that the leadership at MS has any common sense or direction. It seems with every poorly thought out move they're telling people to stay away from WP/W10Meh.

I'm seriously wondering what are they thinking about. You know..every other platform has plans to update apps, make them better, get new apps, make the OS comfier. And then there's some guy at MS like - "You know what we should do? NOT update these apps. Yep. That's it."

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
If enough people actually used those apps, they would stay available. Simple as that.
I've removed apps from the store because I didn't have the time to update them, but if they had a large user base they'd still be in the store making me money.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Why are people complaining about Microsoft making their software offerings less cluttered and confusing? The majority of people didn't even understand what any of those apps were for and never used them. Microsoft should build more functionality into the default camera application, but we can't fault them for realizing they have dozens of apps no one uses and trying to cull them. Half the issue with Windows Phone app store is the number of apps, the other half is the quality.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
..... Microsoft should build more functionality into the default camera application, but we can't fault them for realizing they have dozens of apps no one uses and trying to cull them. .....

Yes, they should build this into the default application and THEN, maybe, remove the apps. Not the other way around, it is an absurd way of treating customers.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
ms screw it up big time. look at the windows camera app. it's a dissaster compared to lumia camera, and most phones cannot download lumia camera anymore on win10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Why are people complaining about Microsoft making their software offerings less cluttered and confusing? The majority of people didn't even understand what any of those apps were for and never used them. Microsoft should build more functionality into the default camera application, but we can't fault them for realizing they have dozens of apps no one uses and trying to cull them. Half the issue with Windows Phone app store is the number of apps, the other half is the quality.
Agreed. To me, there was just too many. I installed the refocus one before, but I'm about to uninstall it because I don't use it.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Maybe Microsoft didn't do it in the right order. But maybe removing those applications was less risky than waiting who knows how long for it to be built into the default application. We can't blame Microsoft unless we know what their thinking is, and we don't. Besides, whining isn't going to change anything.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If enough people actually used those apps, they would stay available. Simple as that.
I've removed apps from the store because I didn't have the time to update them, but if they had a large user base they'd still be in the store making me money.

More users would be good but I don't see that happening anytime soon, there are too many inconsistencies w/WP, the OS and apps as it stands now, in my opinion, it is stunting the growth of the whole platform (far cry from when I entered the race in 2012 w/Win 8.0), this "does not" (in my opinion) entice people to flock to the platform, hence, small user base.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
More users would be good but I don't see that happening anytime soon, there are too many inconsistencies w/WP, the OS and apps as it stands now, in my opinion, it is stunting the growth of the whole platform (far cry from when I entered the race in 2012 w/Win 8.0), this "does not" (in my opinion) entice people to flock to the platform, hence, small user base.

I was obviously talking about the apps, not the platform.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Please explain
It takes time to build features into an application. It's possible Microsoft thought that it's priorities right now are slimming down its software offerings and providing a unified, selective collection of software instead of all these applications that no one really uses and just confuses the user. Microsoft may have decided that slimming down these applications too important now to wait for those same features to be built into a single app or into the default camera application, which takes time.
Or maybe Microsoft is already well on their way to incorporating these features, and come October 30th we'll all get a lovely update. Who knows?

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
It takes time to build features into an application. It's possible Microsoft thought that it's priorities right now are slimming down its software offerings and providing a unified, selective collection of software instead of all these applications that no one really uses and just confuses the user. Microsoft may have decided that slimming down these applications too important now to wait for those same features to be built into a single app or into the default camera application, which takes time.
Or maybe Microsoft is already well on their way to incorporating these features, and come October 30th we'll all get a lovely update. Who knows?

But ALL will not get that update (and it might take many months before the carriers do deliver even to those who gets WM10).
And, WHY should they remove anything at all before they have the replacements out there (and accepted)?
It's a mystery to me... ??

And, I do not know if a huge part of us WP-users are so confused that our lives gets better if MS removes apps for us. It’s just absurd.

For me this is just to ask for bad PR. IF they care about their phones someone should be fired for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss