Hey , I'm thinking of installing the technical preview of Windows 10 mobile but I have a query. Should I insert my SD-Card while installing ?
    Waiting for your answer.
    09-06-2015 04:54 AM
    Hey , I'm thinking of installing the technical preview of Windows 10 mobile but I have a query. Should I insert my SD-Card while installing ?
    Waiting for your answer.
    Having a sd card in your phone while upgrading wont affect the installation in any way. Its safe to have your sd card in the slot while upgrading. I do it all the time and as far as i know, so does everybody else. Good luck:)
    Ps: You can wait a week or so as the next w10 mobile tp is going to be launched in the above time frame.
    09-06-2015 05:00 AM
    Having a sd card in your phone while upgrading wont affect the installation in any way. Its safe to have your sd card in the slot while upgrading. I do it all the time and as far as i know, so does everybody else. Good luck:)
    Ps: You can wait a week or so as the next w10 mobile tp is going to be launched in the above time frame.
    I do it that way as well.

question for sharadh. what is your source for the tp release being next couple of weeks?
    I've seen nothing about that.
    09-06-2015 08:50 AM
    Thank you very much.
    sharadh likes this.
    09-06-2015 08:54 AM
    I do it that way as well.

question for sharadh. what is your source for the tp release being next couple of weeks?
    I've seen nothing about that.
    Hey. I will try to find the exact article in which i read it. But you can read the "unified messaging Skype beta" article just posted on WC. You will see it at the end of the 1st paragraph.
    09-06-2015 11:44 AM
    But is it safe to install the tp on ur daily driver....m afraid having read so many negative reviews....also after installing the latest version of tp can I restore all my backup or do I have to wait til w10m is officially released.....
    09-06-2015 12:08 PM
    But is it safe to install the tp on ur daily driver....m afraid having read so many negative reviews....also after installing the latest version of tp can I restore all my backup or do I have to wait til w10m is officially released.....
    The tp which is currently available isnt a daily driver, atleast for me. This build was full of bugs and very laggy on my lumia 720. But the experience depends very much on your hardware in my opinion. If you have a phone with better specs, you may as well give it a shot because apart from a few bugs, there's nothing to complain about this build. N you can restore your backup while you are upgrading to w10 tp even though a hard reset without restoring a backup is recommended by most people to get your build working smoothly. Hope i answered your question. Good luck:)
    09-06-2015 01:25 PM
    Installed on my 928, for me not a usable daily phone, couldn't connect to WiFi or text or send/receive emails, revert back to 8.1 was easy, will wait for 940/950, really want to stick with WP
    09-08-2015 09:06 PM