How cool is this new way to zoom pictures in Windows 10 mobile!?

sai swaroop patro

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
how cool, is this new way to zoom pictures in windows 10 mobile!

how cool, is this new way to zoom pictures in windows 10 mobile! Check out. dont forget to write down your comments. https://youtu.be/EAeYtz1evyI .

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: how cool, is this new way to zoom pictures in windows 10 mobile!

I don't see why would anyone prefer this over the pinch gesture.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

The person in that video took forever messing around with screen touches....then finally got the -+ toggle to go. Way too long to simply pinch to zoom in or out.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

This is NOT a new zoom method, this is how Microsoft is making the Photo app experience mouse-ready

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

-+ toggle... Another great evidence that W10M was meant to be a desktop operating system.... Just wondering did they actually ditched the entire WP8.1 code base..... LOL

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Actually, I don't understand the reactions. Pinch to zoom is universal and not removed. But this could be a nice feature to zoom in with one hand. I'd like to have such buttons in Windows 10 Maps for instance (+ and - present on PC, not Mobile) : when walking in the street, I usually hold my mobile in one hand and sometimes need to zoom in.

I'll try these buttons one handed to see if it's practical.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

i think it is totally useless feature. pinch to zoom is far superior in every way or even double tap to zoom. +,- is lame.I don't know what possessed them to add this in the first place.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
i think it is totally useless feature. pinch to zoom is far superior in every way or even double tap to zoom. +,- is lame.I don't know what possessed them to add this in the first place.

Pinch to zoom is still the and will be the preferred method most of the time.

Pinch to zoom had not been removed!

Lets not be closed minded about this. Remember continuum. There will be a lot of people that will still need to zoom after hooking up mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and touch will be lost at that point. Also, remember universal apps. Need this on desktop as well as phones.

Why do people complain about it being there if they didn't remove pinch?

And as pointed out above, it could come in handy for one-handed operation.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

it makes sense for continuum. But I doubt anyone would use it on a phone.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Actually, I don't understand the reactions. Pinch to zoom is universal and not removed. But this could be a nice feature to zoom in with one hand. I'd like to have such buttons in Windows 10 Maps for instance (+ and - present on PC, not Mobile) : when walking in the street, I usually hold my mobile in one hand and sometimes need to zoom in.

I'll try these buttons one handed to see if it's practical.

I have to agree with this guy. It's not as good as pinch-to-zoom but as long as the pinch gesture is still there, what's the issue?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

:) I don't disagree but it is easier to understand and that seems to be the new direction MS is going by it's business

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
After the Photos update, the + - buttons are much easier to use (they don't vanish). And they only appear in portrait mode, which confirms it's for one handed mode. Double tapping zooms to 1:1 (100%) directly, the + button by increments.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I remember on the Xperia x10 mini (which phone doesn't had multitouch) they thought of a very genious system of zooming with just one finger!
You could long press on the area you would like to zoom and then move your finger up or down in order to zoom in,
zoom out.. It worked perfectly fine and was pretty convinient!
(kinda like the zoom on the camera app on WM10)
Aah, what a great little phone it was :)

Yeah, on point now, I think that the buttons showing on screen is a bug..
But we'll see in the next updates.. along with fixed pinch to zoom/ panning..
Damn it, there are still so many bags all-around -.-

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I often just use double tap to zoom in or out in phoe. Pinch needs you to use the phone with two hands. But the buttons were not really usefull.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99