10-07-2015 04:41 PM
167 ... 567
tools
    Right... So what's the future then? Is the 950 and 950XL going to launch on all carriers?

That's the only problem end that's something microsoft can't control. At most they are available unlocked though.
    10-06-2015 05:37 PM
    That's the only problem end that's something microsoft can't control. At most they are available unlocked though.
    How did that work out last time?

I guess we'll have to wait until the next flagship for MS to truly get it right.
    10-06-2015 05:38 PM
    How did that work out last time?

They have never released a flagship on a carrier and unlocked on launch before so how would we know?
    10-06-2015 05:40 PM
    I guess we'll have to wait until the next flagship for MS to truly get it right.
    Touch!
    10-06-2015 07:08 PM
    New hardware is nothing without an OS that can fully take advantage of it. And for a good reason today they not show much of W10M. What would you do? Show off the rubbish OS on highend phones that cost you hundreds of $$$?
    While the event was about devices I truly see the OS as a part of the device especially when it comes to mobiles.
    For sure the real flagship was the surface (book).
    And the rest was just the usualy "awesome, great, supercool" features aka standard marketing bla bla bla. MS is doing well in making fancy presentations, showing what is technically possible with their devices but they not get it down to the customers. More and more (except the surface) it seems to me like a concept study than actually products made to be sold.
    I wonder how they wanna ship the new Lumias in November while W10M still being a mess. I expect delays again or they throw a preview on these devices. But that will be the coffin nail then for W10M: flaky software on the highend phones. If so you can imagine what the reviews will be like...
    10-06-2015 07:35 PM
    New hardware is nothing without an OS that can fully take advantage of it. And for a good reason today they not show much of W10M. What would you do? Show off the rubbish OS on highend phones that cost you hundreds of $$$?
    While the event was about devices I truly see the OS as a part of the device especially when it comes to mobiles.
    For sure the real flagship was the surface (book).
    And the rest was just the usualy "awesome, great, supercool" features aka standard marketing bla bla bla. MS is doing well in making fancy presentations, showing what is technically possible with their devices but they not get it down to the customers. More and more (except the surface) it seems to me like a concept study than actually products made to be sold.
    I wonder how they wanna ship the new Lumias in November while W10M still being a mess. I expect delays again or they throw a preview on these devices. But that will be the coffin nail then for W10M: flaky software on the highend phones. If so you can imagine what the reviews will be like...
    Wouldn't it be RTM by then since the other Lumias are getting the update in December.
    10-07-2015 04:55 AM
    I see the complaints continue here...
    Pete and jdballard like this.
    10-07-2015 05:00 AM
    I see the complaints continue here...
    It's always been easier to criticize than evangelize.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2015 05:10 AM
    I'm not a fan of evangelizing either as it removes clear thinking in place of fanaticism.

However, the howling hordes here have been dragging this on and on complaining about the smallest thing. Bit boring really.

I will agree with the fact that exclusive AT&T is a mistake.
    10-07-2015 05:59 AM
    Good post, good observation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-2015 06:07 AM
    Wouldn't it be RTM by then since the other Lumias are getting the update in December.
    And until yesterday every fanboy claimed the release will be in october...

And the easiest is to always find excuses for this and that and delay things over and over.

I'm not a fan of evangelizing either as it removes clear thinking in place of fanaticism.
    Totally agree with you on that man!

However, the howling hordes here have been dragging this on and on complaining about the smallest thing. Bit boring really.
    Truth is boring sometimes. And hurts.

I will agree with the fact that exclusive AT&T is a mistake.
    Not the biggest one tho...
    10-07-2015 07:40 AM
    Truth is boring sometimes. And hurts.
    I don't find truth boring at all. I just find repetitive claims by people with little understanding other than 'that OS has it we should have it NOW' or 'MS doesn't know what it's doing' or 'MS is too slow at everything', is boring. Those aren't necessarily truths.

Not the biggest one tho...
    Exclusive carriers for Windows Phone has been one of it's biggest cause for failure. This has meant phones not getting updated in a timely manner or not getting updated at all and put in the trash bin by the carrier.

Not sure which one AT&T will be yet...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2015 07:52 AM
    It hasn't even been 24 hours since the FORMAL announcement. Can we all just chill?

Sent from my BlackBerry Classic on Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2015 08:48 AM
    Those aren't necessarily truths.
    Truth or not but fact is that MS has to catch up a lot compared to its competitors in mobile OS. And there is not enough yet to fill that gap and what shows up crawls through painfully slow and often enough half-baked (hamburger menu).

Exclusive carriers for Windows Phone has been one of it's biggest cause for failure. This has meant phones not getting updated in a timely manner or not getting updated at all and put in the trash bin by the carrier.
    I know. But what I wanted to say is that a device released carrier exclusive and maybe dumped soon won't have huge impact on the success or failure of W10M in general. Anyways MS has no problem at all to drop support for hardware rather soon and unexpectedly. There are enough examples of this in the past.
    10-07-2015 09:04 AM
    Truth or not but fact is that MS has to catch up a lot compared to its competitors in mobile OS. And there is not enough yet to fill that gap and what shows up crawls through painfully slow and often enough half-baked (hamburger menu).

I know. But what I wanted to say is that a device released carrier exclusive and maybe dumped soon won't have huge impact on the success or failure of W10M in general. Anyways MS has no problem at all to drop support for hardware rather soon and unexpectedly. There are enough examples of this in the past.

In terms of the OS, what is missing in your opinion. What does Microsoft need to do too catch up?
    10-07-2015 10:47 AM
    I just saw 5 lumia 950 ads right before the youtube videos I wanted to watch today. Hmmm.. ;)
    10-07-2015 03:38 PM
    Looking through the last few pages, there seems to be little to no interest in discussing the original thread topic. This thread is now just collecting the same issues already being raised in quite a few other places and repeating them ad nauseam , only that here they are actually off topic. Clearly, this thread has run its course...

Closed.

Sorry colinkiama, nothing wrong with your posts. You just happened to be the most recent poster.
    10-07-2015 04:41 PM
167 ... 567