Never expect full attention from Microsoft again for WM10

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't it be RTM by then since the other Lumias are getting the update in December.
And until yesterday every ****** claimed the release will be in october...

It's always been easier to criticize than evangelize.
And the easiest is to always find excuses for this and that and delay things over and over.

I'm not a fan of evangelizing either as it removes clear thinking in place of fanaticism.
Totally agree with you on that man!

However, the howling hordes here have been dragging this on and on complaining about the smallest thing. Bit boring really.
Truth is boring sometimes. And hurts.

I will agree with the fact that exclusive AT&T is a mistake.
Not the biggest one tho...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Truth is boring sometimes. And hurts.

I don't find truth boring at all. I just find repetitive claims by people with little understanding other than 'that OS has it we should have it NOW' or 'MS doesn't know what it's doing' or 'MS is too slow at everything', is boring. Those aren't necessarily truths.

Not the biggest one tho...

Exclusive carriers for Windows Phone has been one of it's biggest cause for failure. This has meant phones not getting updated in a timely manner or not getting updated at all and put in the trash bin by the carrier.

Not sure which one AT&T will be yet...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It hasn't even been 24 hours since the FORMAL announcement. Can we all just chill?

Sent from my BlackBerry Classic on Tapatalk

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Those aren't necessarily truths.
Truth or not but fact is that MS has to catch up a lot compared to its competitors in mobile OS. And there is not enough yet to fill that gap and what shows up crawls through painfully slow and often enough half-baked (hamburger menu).

Exclusive carriers for Windows Phone has been one of it's biggest cause for failure. This has meant phones not getting updated in a timely manner or not getting updated at all and put in the trash bin by the carrier.
I know. But what I wanted to say is that a device released carrier exclusive and maybe dumped soon won't have huge impact on the success or failure of W10M in general. Anyways MS has no problem at all to drop support for hardware rather soon and unexpectedly. There are enough examples of this in the past.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Truth or not but fact is that MS has to catch up a lot compared to its competitors in mobile OS. And there is not enough yet to fill that gap and what shows up crawls through painfully slow and often enough half-baked (hamburger menu).

I know. But what I wanted to say is that a device released carrier exclusive and maybe dumped soon won't have huge impact on the success or failure of W10M in general. Anyways MS has no problem at all to drop support for hardware rather soon and unexpectedly. There are enough examples of this in the past.

In terms of the OS, what is missing in your opinion. What does Microsoft need to do too catch up?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Looking through the last few pages, there seems to be little to no interest in discussing the original thread topic. This thread is now just collecting the same issues already being raised in quite a few other places and repeating them ad nauseam , only that here they are actually off topic. Clearly, this thread has run its course...

Closed.

Sorry colinkiama, nothing wrong with your posts. You just happened to be the most recent poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz