Has the "Lumia Living Image" feature been disabled in W10M? Will it come back?

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Currently , the microsoft camera doesnt have an option to enable living image. This feature is loved by many, how can microsoft disable it. Guys, is it gone for good? or is it coming back ?

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
re: Has the "Lumia Living Image" feature been disabled in W10M? Will it come back?

I don't know, but I have always wondered what it's for anyway. I have it enabled in Windows Phone 8.1, but in the Photo app it never even shows the animations (I have to go into Camera and go to the image preview there to see it).
Why wasn't anything ever really done with this? Or did I misunderstand how it's supposed to work?

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
re: Has the "Lumia Living Image" feature been disabled in W10M? Will it come back?

the living image was accessible with the app "Lumia storyteller" and lumia camera previews. This is an awesome feature(even apple brought it now naming it "Live photos"). Dont tell me, seeing living images doesnt fancy you?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Is that something like, choosing the best frame, like action shot? If so, there's a new app in win10 store called Photo Add-ins or something like that.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Living Images is one of the best feature of Lumia Camera. I still remember those days when I was out for trip to Goa with buddies and they were all mesmerized after watching Living Images of various snaps taken with my phone. Sad, this feature is not yet available in Windows Mobile 10. I don't think MS has axed it for good/bad. It should be added in future updates of Camera app.
P.S: Photos app (W10) still plays snaps as Living Image which were shot with my phone when it was at 8.1. So, this feature should be back.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft has been working on completing the Windows Camera app for Windows 10 Mobile. It isn't yet finished. Windows 10 Mobile is an unfinished product, and as such, can't be expected to have all the same features.

Living images is supposed to be making a return, but it is something we'll have to wait a little closer to the final product before we have it. If you can't live without it, and you are testing Windows 10 on your only phone, I'd recommend reverting back to WP8.1.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank You guys for all your answers.. Glad to know its making a return, one of the features I cant live without..
But I have found a way to enjoy Living images in Windows 10 mobile in the latest build ( I m sure many would know), its pretty simple actually, after updating to the newest build from Windows phone 8.1 to windows 10 build, the lumia camera app would be there, JUST GOTO STORE AND CLOSE "AUTOMATIC UPDATING" AND UPDATE ALL APPS EXCEPT LUMIA CAMERA. ENJOY LIVING IMAGES!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte