Upgrading AT&T L830 to W10M

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Good morning, everyone. I have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 830. Yes, I know, thank you for your sympathy and pity. As most of you know, it's highly unlikely that my lovely Lumia 830 will be getting Windows 10 Mobile, as it doesn't even have full Denim. In the event that it doesn't get the full update, I will jump to the Insider Preview program (I already have a device on it) and install RTM, and either stop Insider builds or put it on the Slow Ring. However, I want some advice.
Which one of these is the best option if I install Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 830?
Upgrade and leave it
Upgrade, hard reset, then restore
Upgrade, hard reset
Now I know that hard resetting is a much better option but I'm so very reluctant to do it because it's my daily driver and I don't want to lose all of it. Part of me wants to start over fresh and be able to spend a few hours playing with a "new" phone but I'm on the fence about this. I need some opinions that aren't from my own stupid head.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Upgrading AT&T L830 to W10M

I would upgrade it and test drive it immediately after. If there are any issues like battery life and instability, I'd hard reset. I personally don't restore backups. Otherwise, I'll be happy.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
re: Upgrading AT&T L830 to W10M

I would upgrade it and test drive it immediately after. If there are any issues like battery life and instability, I'd hard reset. I personally don't restore backups. Otherwise, I'll be happy.

Sounds good, I'll just go with that. I feel quite silly for not having thought of it haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa