Iris scaning

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So after reading the article posted today, and reading the following lines
Iris scanning is what we are talking about when it comes to Windows Phone. You only need existing camera technology to make it work. There should be no "extra" hardware, unlike 3D facial recognition.
I was kinda confused.
If you don't need any new hardware for it, does that mean the current phones will have that ability too?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My opinion... The current phones and hardware have the ability to do this, but it will most likely be activated only for the flagship phones

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
My only thought is that the features on the iris - especially when viewed from a typical phone-holding distance - are pretty small, so perhaps there is a minimum resolution that is needed for the camera. It's traditional to have a lower resolution camera on the front, so maybe some aren't good enough? I guess the rest is all in the software.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
You cannot use regular RGB cameras if you really care about security. Regular RGB can be fooled by pictures and videos. The Intel camera and the Kinect use IR. The other advantage of IR is lighting conditions don't matter. With RGB, you need to be decently lit. Kinect works in pitch blackness. The only negative for IR is direct sunlight. Of course, visible light doesn't affect IR cameras. But the sun is pumping the entire spectrum from IR to visible to UV. And too much IR from the sun will overwhelm an IR sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb