Windows 10 Mobile-how do Android and iOS apps work?

xxpatrioticxx

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile and Android

Can someone explain or link me to a post explaining how Android/iOS apps will work on Windows Phone? I'm confused on whether this is true, and if so, whether or not it will be a developer thing or a full-fledged marketplace. I've seen videos of people installing Android apps on Windows Phone using Developer Tools in Windows 10 for Mobile, but they were buggy and apps like Snapchat/Instagram couldn't utilize important things like the camera. Will these be fixed in the official launch of Windows 10 for Mobile, or is this what we're expecting to see pretty much?

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile and Android

Can someone explain or link me to a post explaining how Android/iOS apps will work on Windows Phone? I'm confused on whether this is true, and if so, whether or not it will be a developer thing or a full-fledged marketplace. I've seen videos of people installing Android apps on Windows Phone using Developer Tools in Windows 10 for Mobile, but they were buggy and apps like Snapchat/Instagram couldn't utilize important things like the camera. Will these be fixed in the official launch of Windows 10 for Mobile, or is this what we're expecting to see pretty much?

Developers will reuse most of their code and make it super quick to make a WINDOWS app. Not an Android app, a Windows app. That's what will be happening, fully featured Windows apps.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

majorzombie

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I guess loads of people ask this same thing. Does this mean windows 10 tablets/pcs? And if it is so easy, why aren't they all flooding in?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The tools isn't even been released yet.
they can't use a tool that doesn't exist for public use.

those youtube videos showing android apps on windows phone are from the leaked un-finished tools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo