Don't you think Apple copied a lot from Windows 10/8.1 features in iOS 9? :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The X copied from Y IMHO is getting pretty old.

Yes you can argue about the card multitasking, etc and whatnot. At this point I just see "is the product better?"

because everyone copies from everyone. yet they're not all identical, so theres that.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I think the who copied who question is getting old at this point, like mentioned above. Apple is famous for taking things that existed and making them huge. I used to have a Nomad MP3 player (those were the days!. it was like 1999 or 2000), it was great, but Apple came along and totally transformed MP3 players with the iPod and eventually iTunes. I think Apple probably thought of ways they could improve their OS and said, "hey we like the way this works..." the rest is history.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It is all a wash, because they all pay fees to each other to have features in their phones......Apple pays Microsoft, Microsoft pays Google, Google pays Apple, and any combination of the stated covers it all so they don't all wind up in court.

vtomnibot

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
MS & Apple have a cross patent licensing agreement, I don't think that any money is exchanged. There are limits to this agreement, like no clone devices.

Google makes Android "free", but most of Android manufacturers pay royalties to Microsoft. It's estimated that MS has raked in over $1B for these licenses.

Apple also sued Samsung for copying the iphone with some of their Android devices and initially won a big lawsuit.

Lelouche Lamperouge

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Well living images r present in sony too. In sony camera there is an option timeshift burst. It captures 2 sec before n after the shot. And then we can browse the burst images n select the best one. Its kinda better than WP actually.

hb1x

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Features are features. It doesn't matter who copied whom. Apple saw something good, they implemented it in their OS, for their customers.
I hope MS does the same.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone tries to copy things and make them better for their products. What matters is that what they copy, to be better. I have the latest IOS installed, a finished public build and works ok. same was with OSX last year. the thing is that others Deliver, Microsoft seems to be all the time in the beta stage with "available soon or ready soon" motto.
I am using an iphone 6, but to be honest, galaxy s6 and s6 edge which have borrowed some design patterns from the iphone 6 look much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Lately, it's been more about the execution of features than the originality of them. Look at the GS5 which had a sh**-tonne of features that no-one ever used that were also useless. And then we have some iPhone features, such as slow-mo. Fewer features, but often very well executed meaning a better user experience. And UX is what sells phones!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss