Why can't I pin Windows Messaging (stock app) to the Start screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cannot pin Windows Messaging (stock app) to the Start screen

I'm on W10 Mobile build 10536.1004.
Days ago, I tried to install Messaging Skype Beta app, pinned this app to the Start screen, and un-pinned the Windows Messaging app.
As Messaging Skype Beta app was quite buggy then I uninstalled this app.
Then, I could not re-pin the Windows Messaging app to my Start screen. The "Pin to Start" option of this app is disable. I tried to reboot, and hard reset my phone, but still bring this app to my Start.
Please help!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot pin Windows Messaging (stock app) to the Start screen

There's been several updates to the stock messaging app lately. Are you getting these updates through the store? Check that first.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ok, are you sure that you've actually done a "hard reset" as you said? (Go into settings - system - about - then scroll down to the bottom and tap "reset your phone")

Maybe try the hard reset again, only this time, don't restore a backup. Choose "start fresh" at the bottom of the list of backups found.

Minh Tri

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Ok, are you sure that you've actually done a "hard reset" as you said? (Go into settings - system - about - then scroll down to the bottom and tap "reset your phone")

Maybe try the hard reset again, only this time, don't restore a backup. Choose "start fresh" at the bottom of the list of backups found.

Yes, I did it, and actually restored from a backup. Maybe I should wait for a future build as it takes time for a reset.
Thank you a lot for your kind support, Ed Boland!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss