I'm on W10 Mobile build 10536.1004.
    Days ago, I tried to install Messaging Skype Beta app, pinned this app to the Start screen, and un-pinned the Windows Messaging app.
    As Messaging Skype Beta app was quite buggy then I uninstalled this app.
    Then, I could not re-pin the Windows Messaging app to my Start screen. The "Pin to Start" option of this app is disable. I tried to reboot, and hard reset my phone, but still bring this app to my Start.
    Please help!
    09-19-2015 08:25 PM
    There's been several updates to the stock messaging app lately. Are you getting these updates through the store? Check that first.
    Minh Tri likes this.
    09-19-2015 09:03 PM
    There's been several updates to the stock messaging app lately. Are you getting these updates through the store? Check that first.
    I've already updated it to the latest version, but still cannot pin this app to the Start
    Ed Boland likes this.
    09-19-2015 09:31 PM
    Ok, are you sure that you've actually done a "hard reset" as you said? (Go into settings - system - about - then scroll down to the bottom and tap "reset your phone")

Maybe try the hard reset again, only this time, don't restore a backup. Choose "start fresh" at the bottom of the list of backups found.
    Minh Tri likes this.
    09-20-2015 06:41 AM
    Ok, are you sure that you've actually done a "hard reset" as you said? (Go into settings - system - about - then scroll down to the bottom and tap "reset your phone")

Maybe try the hard reset again, only this time, don't restore a backup. Choose "start fresh" at the bottom of the list of backups found.
    Yes, I did it, and actually restored from a backup. Maybe I should wait for a future build as it takes time for a reset.
    Thank you a lot for your kind support, Ed Boland!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    09-20-2015 11:00 AM