If you had to add a feature to W10M, what would it be?

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
An Action Centre that works in landscape as well as portrait.

Edge swipes for forward and back in Edge.

Need the Action Centre to move for left right edge swipes to work.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
The builds software needs to be corrected so it will install on phones,, without making users to
a hard reset. People who did the hard reset complain that the phone is in much worse condition
with the new build. I know people who are lucky to use their phone with what they have on it
now, they haven't added apps, all they know is use it to call, email, text, and maybe check the
web. I know a person that doesn't even have Wi-Fi in her house. The software coming from
Microsoft needs to be able to install with out a lot of user intervention. I'm sure Microsoft doesn't
want to stop selling the phone to those individuals, who maybe should only have a flip phone.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sound profiles - namely being able to (and switch to) different configurations such as phone calls only when I want to. Quiet mode is theoretically nice (except it doesn't work because Cortana is not available), but I just want to be able to mute everything the exception of alarms and phone calls from anybody; those I want nice and low as they are time sensitive while everything else I can check when I wake.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Bedside mode, where plugging in my phone to charge automatically dims the screen, opens the clock, and sets the profile to phone calls only.

finer control over profiles would be nice, such as multiple profiles.

Geri Jones1

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: feature to add to Windows 10

Sound switch such as on iPhone

White front/face screen option. Important for older individuals

These are hardware options not software but hopefully someday soon Microsoft will offer both of these.

Thanks!

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
On screen volume control in Groove Music and Movie & TV
Single tap setting tiles i.e. WiFi and Mobile Data toggle
Some kind of Google Services support :)

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I would add openvpn support because it's plain daft not looking to total privacy for the consumer, with choice, and people have been banging on about it for bally years! W10m still doesn't have it. Come on msft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234