The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-05-2016 08:20 AM
265 ... 891011
tools
    I'm not reading this entire mammoth of a thread. But, Windows as a platform and OS is superior. The issue doesn't stem from OS level features, it stems from app support. Having used the iPhone for about 6 months now, it's terrible. The OS is a poor excuse of an operating system. But, it has amazing support and releases of first party apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ayngling, M7H, 920Walker and 1 others like this.
    10-11-2015 09:10 PM
    There is another feature IOS has lately according to my "all apple" colleague.

Regular complete IOS9 OS updates to fix annoying bugs.
    So even with only 6 devices out there, they seem not to be able to manage that huge number.....
    10-12-2015 09:31 AM
    If the thread stays on topic, they have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is. Except few comments on apps. As such many other threads aren't going well for WP here and may be on other forums too.
    10-13-2015 02:49 AM
    Windows 10 mobile doesn't have pattern screen lock or slide to unlock option.

Also there is no option to change unlock gesture, pattern lock or gesture lock or picture password.
    10-13-2015 09:32 AM
    Windows 10 mobile also lacks silly features which any average Joe building can identify and put onto that os.

Like if you do cortana search and if no internet connection found there is no direct button to hit TRY AGAIN and if u press back key accidentally whole search statement gets erased.
    10-13-2015 09:36 AM
    I know that live tiles are strength of windows 10 mobile but it lacks in that part too.

LIVE TILES by name are not exactly live and we were made fool since they only show periodic data at fixed intervals but they are not actually live .
    Meaning they do not show live news feed or live information like how much internet speed u r getting and u can see on that live tile.
    Also many more live info as suggested by Microsoft "live tiles" so called.

Also no interactive tiles yet.
    noersetiawan and Varun Rajan like this.
    10-13-2015 09:41 AM
    Compared to ios

W10M has no lock screen notification and there interaction too on the lock screen itself.
    10-13-2015 09:43 AM
    I'm talking about now. It isn't there right now in Windows 10 Mobile. Also, note the underlined and italicized word "detailed". Battery Saver only shows what percentage of battery was used and a bar graph with In Use and Background. There isn't an EXACT numerical figure given for EXACTLY how long the app was running in the background.
    Also battery saver lacks aaverage Joe features .
    LikeIt does not show
    How much time phone will take to charge completely
    Battery drainage rate
    Battery charging rate
    and many more
    And also these features on the lock screen itself and with user interaction.
    10-13-2015 09:47 AM
    Also battery saver lacks aaverage Joe features .
    LikeIt does not show
    How much time phone will take to charge completely
    Battery drainage rate
    Battery charging rate
    and many more
    And also these features on the lock screen itself and with user interaction.
    With a Windows phone I never obsess about the battery as it always makes a day. Perhaps other phones require this...

I think there are enough battery apps if you want that data though.
    10-13-2015 09:57 AM
    With a Windows phone I never obsess about the battery as it always makes a day. Perhaps other phones require this...

I think there are enough battery apps if you want that data though.
    No i am just saying about the feature too compete with ios
    I am also a windows phone fan
    But the biggest reason why windows phone battery makes the day is u cannot run multiple apps side by side like in android or Symbian or ios which drains battery less since u see a cramped resuming screen or the app itself gets crashed same with w10m.

Alo u cannot start a download in uc browser and minimize the app and let it download over mobile network like in Symbian phones. Due to this reason w10m is not gonna takeover mobile world.
    k12000lt likes this.
    10-13-2015 12:08 PM
    Only things to talk about are camera and live tiles. Rest nothing. Look for top mobiles anywhere...you will never find WP in top listing. Nowhere I see where there is atlest some enthusiasm about upcoming windows phones. Except on windows only forums, nobody seemsto give a damn about WP. If WP was so feature rich, then why? There are now plenty of great camera phones with android. The best here maps are there for android. They are having more ram so no more lagging issues. Forget apps, butthe basics are so complicated and you need to keep going forwards and backwards. Its never gona improve ever. They will never learn. With these pace, windows will be forever behind android. And I do not see any basic stuff changes in W10. Dont start with continum, 3d touch and all that sh!t. Just basic. Calender, alarm, OTG, ringtones, emails, browser. Thats it. And I don't think these come under 'App'.
    Last edited by k12000lt; 10-14-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    10-13-2015 03:16 PM
    But he is not talking about other apps but MS own apps. They should be included in the comparison... You can argue that Apple Pay is part of their Wallet/passport app hence should be excluded. I think Apps that are part of the base OS or even from the Company are part of the base experience... Apple is miles ahead here...
    Mail, Office, camera etc are part of the OS and MS seems to be doing a much better job with Office, Email & Skype on iOS/Android than Windows...

- I don't think WP10 supports Slo-Mo, Panorama etc out of the Camera app.
    - Granular permission for Apps that are now also supported by Android M
    - MS apps are better supported (if they appear at all on Win) on iOS/Android
    - No Resuming on iOS apps
    - Siri is almost universally supported while cortana is restricted to few countries/languages.
    - Apple Pay
    - General OS/Apps performance. Look at Camera, MS office etc.
    - OS releases/updates are not hampered by carriers and good support of their devices as iPAD 2 and iPhone 4S supports the latest iOS 9.x. Same cannot be said about Windows devices. I am not sure if all WP8 devices will be supported by WP10. And lets not talk about RT devices.

And Many of the features listed Talal are in Beta and many of them would not be part of the OS when WP devices are released..

I have heard that Windows Hello will not be part of December release of Lumia 950/XL and would be part of a future update. And the whole update thing is yet to be seen and if MS would be able to provide updated in a timely manner to everyone. Before that, they have to launch the devices worldwide which I don't see happening this year... I think only handful of countries are supported at launch.

WP10 is again a dream that MS is selling and continuing their tradition of Over-Promise and Under-Deliver... Its their Coming Soon TM approach to everything unless its the competition's platform.
    10-14-2015 06:17 AM
    another never ending debate where no one is right, i don't know why don't just everyone use the OS they like and let everyone live in peace, everyone has a different taste and that should be respected regardless of the details
    10-14-2015 02:54 PM
    another never ending debate where no one is right, i don't know why don't just everyone use the OS they like and let everyone live in peace, everyone has a different taste and that should be respected regardless of the details
    No man we just want an is which does basic features of average Joe's os would do.

Lockscreen and notification on them and customization

A browser with complete download manager which is like in uc browser in which u can rename where to save and also full background download support.

Actionable notification's.

Also windows 10 m does not l have small widget like feature in android or Symbian phone in which u can put speed monitor small widget movable anywhere on display which shows live speed.

A battery saver full functional.

Music player any format and also can get lyrics by itself

Video player plays any format allows zoom in pan via touch and fast.

Email with Full functions

Photo video and app locking options which ithink w10m doesn't have also message locking

Custom ringtones

Video call voip call

Notes making option

World clock

Backup

Pdf reader

Office

Photo editor

sync

Just these features right in the os itself not from apps in w10 m
    k12000lt likes this.
    10-16-2015 12:39 AM
    Biggest feature it has that seems insane given where the app came from.... Mix radio compatibility. If mix radio isn't on wm10 at realease I have to question whether ill update my main driver to wm10 at all.
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    10-16-2015 04:38 AM
    One feature that figures in both iOs and Android is the method of closing apps.

On the Windows phone you press and hold the back key which reveals the current running apps - all good so far (and a feature that only appeared on Windows Phone 8). However the next step is different from the other 2 platforms. On Windows 10 (and 8) you have to press the cross that appears and, especially on smaller screens, that can be a small target and I find myselt missing and selecting the app instead. That means I have to go through the process again.

With both iOS and Android you simply swipe the app off the screen therby closing it.

That I would like to see on the Windows platform
    10-16-2015 05:46 AM
    The ability to run apps side by side looks to be coming to the widows phone platform - the 950 phones will support it and it will probably roll out when we see the universal release in (?)December.
    10-16-2015 05:50 AM
    No man we just want an is which does basic features of average Joe's os would do.

Lockscreen and notification on them and customization

A browser with complete download manager which is like in uc browser in which u can rename where to save and also full background download support.

Actionable notification's.

Also windows 10 m does not l have small widget like feature in android or Symbian phone in which u can put speed monitor small widget movable anywhere on display which shows live speed.

A battery saver full functional.

Music player any format and also can get lyrics by itself

Video player plays any format allows zoom in pan via touch and fast.

Email with Full functions

Photo video and app locking options which ithink w10m doesn't have also message locking

Custom ringtones

Video call voip call

Notes making option

World clock

Backup

Pdf reader

Office

Photo editor

sync

Just these features right in the os itself not from apps in w10 m

I'm sorry, but half of your list IS in W10M.....
    Email with full function?
    Did you ever use the latest versions of W10M?
    In IOS I still CAN NOT attach any file from within the mail application....
    With W10M you can.....

and I'm sorry, but a widget to monitor live speed?..... overkill.
    Last edited by M7H; 10-16-2015 at 06:52 AM.
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-16-2015 06:01 AM
    Biggest feature it has that seems insane given where the app came from.... Mix radio compatibility. If mix radio isn't on wm10 at realease I have to question whether ill update my main driver to wm10 at all.
    If you upgrade from W8.1 WITH mixradio installed, it is still there in W10M.....
    Madam ImAdam and Mark Baker3 like this.
    10-16-2015 06:04 AM
    One feature that figures in both iOs and Android is the method of closing apps.

On the Windows phone you press and hold the back key which reveals the current running apps - all good so far (and a feature that only appeared on Windows Phone 8). However the next step is different from the other 2 platforms. On Windows 10 (and 8) you have to press the cross that appears and, especially on smaller screens, that can be a small target and I find myselt missing and selecting the app instead. That means I have to go through the process again.

With both iOS and Android you simply swipe the app off the screen therby closing it.

That I would like to see on the Windows platform
    It's already there!, you can press the cross AND you can swipe them down to close apps! 2 Options!....
    MikeSo and Blomsternisse like this.
    10-16-2015 06:07 AM
    If you upgrade from W8.1 WITH mixradio installed, it is still there in W10M.....
    It was there... Must have borked somehow during the load process.....

Ta for the info though!
    10-16-2015 09:30 AM
    With W10M you can.....

Man I am saying that these features are already understood means if u will be building an email application. Then u will add features to attach any file type and other handy management features.

And also widget for live speed is not overkill for our century and this features was available yearssssssss ago in Symbian s60 Nokia os via netquin mobile guard.

Also Symbian os was once pinnacle of os's
    Before android

Ao u saying that this is overkill then Symbian was annihilation of os.
    k12000lt likes this.
    10-17-2015 04:40 AM
    With W10M you can.....

Where is the full background download over mobile network support and multitasking full like in android or Symbian
    Did u ever us symbian os latest or old all of them had it
    k12000lt likes this.
    10-17-2015 04:42 AM
    Where is the full background download over mobile network support and multitasking full like in android or Symbian
    Did u ever us symbian os latest or old all of them had it
    I am not comparing with ios or any os I am just ttalking about the evolution and building of best os for our use and peace.
    10-17-2015 04:44 AM
    Live speed? As in processor speed? Uh.. Why? Symbian was developed in a much different time for mobile hardware. The dorks who had phones like that were nerds who thought knowing those bits of information made them better devices. These are mainstream devices now. Speed is irrelevant, performance is key. I don't want any widgets on W10. Matter of fact, I don't want to monitor any technical specs. I want the phone to function and be supported.

Also, Outlook is by far the more full featured email client you can use on any platform.
    pandi06041990 likes this.
    11-02-2015 06:18 AM
265 ... 891011