What features does iOS have that W10M doesn't?

56up

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
One feature that figures in both iOs and Android is the method of closing apps.

On the Windows phone you press and hold the back key which reveals the current running apps - all good so far (and a feature that only appeared on Windows Phone 8). However the next step is different from the other 2 platforms. On Windows 10 (and 8) you have to press the cross that appears and, especially on smaller screens, that can be a small target and I find myselt missing and selecting the app instead. That means I have to go through the process again.

With both iOS and Android you simply swipe the app off the screen therby closing it.

That I would like to see on the Windows platform

56up

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
The ability to run apps side by side looks to be coming to the widows phone platform - the 950 phones will support it and it will probably roll out when we see the universal release in (?)December.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
No man we just want an is which does basic features of average Joe's os would do.

Lockscreen and notification on them and customization

A browser with complete download manager which is like in uc browser in which u can rename where to save and also full background download support.

Actionable notification's.

Also windows 10 m does not l have small widget like feature in android or Symbian phone in which u can put speed monitor small widget movable anywhere on display which shows live speed.

A battery saver full functional.

Music player any format and also can get lyrics by itself

Video player plays any format allows zoom in pan via touch and fast.

Email with Full functions

Photo video and app locking options which ithink w10m doesn't have also message locking

Custom ringtones

Video call voip call

Notes making option

World clock

Backup

Pdf reader

Office

Photo editor

sync

Just these features right in the os itself not from apps in w10 m

I'm sorry, but half of your list IS in W10M.....
Email with full function?
Did you ever use the latest versions of W10M?
In IOS I still CAN NOT attach any file from within the mail application....
With W10M you can.....

and I'm sorry, but a widget to monitor live speed?..... overkill.

Last edited:

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Biggest feature it has that seems insane given where the app came from.... Mix radio compatibility. If mix radio isn't on wm10 at realease I have to question whether ill update my main driver to wm10 at all.

If you upgrade from W8.1 WITH mixradio installed, it is still there in W10M.....

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

On the Windows phone you press and hold the back key which reveals the current running apps - all good so far (and a feature that only appeared on Windows Phone 8). However the next step is different from the other 2 platforms. On Windows 10 (and 8) you have to press the cross that appears and, especially on smaller screens, that can be a small target and I find myselt missing and selecting the app instead. That means I have to go through the process again.

With both iOS and Android you simply swipe the app off the screen therby closing it.

It's already there!, you can press the cross AND you can swipe them down to close apps! 2 Options!....

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
With W10M you can.....

Man I am saying that these features are already understood means if u will be building an email application. Then u will add features to attach any file type and other handy management features.

And also widget for live speed is not overkill for our century and this features was available yearssssssss ago in Symbian s60 Nokia os via netquin mobile guard.

Also Symbian os was once pinnacle of os's
Before android

Ao u saying that this is overkill then Symbian was annihilation of os.

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
With W10M you can.....

Where is the full background download over mobile network support and multitasking full like in android or Symbian
Did u ever us symbian os latest or old all of them had it

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Where is the full background download over mobile network support and multitasking full like in android or Symbian
Did u ever us symbian os latest or old all of them had it
I am not comparing with ios or any os I am just ttalking about the evolution and building of best os for our use and peace.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Live speed? As in processor speed? Uh.. Why? Symbian was developed in a much different time for mobile hardware. The dorks who had phones like that were nerds who thought knowing those bits of information made them better devices. These are mainstream devices now. Speed is irrelevant, performance is key. I don't want any widgets on W10. Matter of fact, I don't want to monitor any technical specs. I want the phone to function and be supported.

Also, Outlook is by far the more full featured email client you can use on any platform.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Single biggest reason W10 (even Andriod) win over iOS is the lack of app drawer.
iOS forces all installed apps to have a tile that cannot be removed.

STUPID UINTUITIVE LAZY PROGRAMMING

Multitasking is terrible, executing a search or SIRI is painful, no widget/tile capabilities, navigation is crude and stupid, email client sucks, maps and navigation are worlds behind windows maps.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the biggest "feature" of IOS is that updates don't kill good features. Apple focuses more on polishing whats already implemented whereas Windows starts so much anew in a different way.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I think the biggest "feature" of IOS is that updates don't kill good features. Apple focuses more on polishing whats already implemented whereas Windows starts so much anew in a different way.

Do you use an iPhone?

I carry both an iPhone and Windows phone everyday.

I can tell you that EVERY iPhone update breaks something (except updates that are only meant to fix what the last one broke).

For instance, iOS9 broke the hotspot feature on the 5S and even after multiple updates to fix other problems, it still doesn't work. That's a substantial feature that would have Windows phones slamming their head against the wall.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Alternatively Swipe the app down to close.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Do you use an iPhone?

I carry both an iPhone and Windows phone everyday.

I can tell you that EVERY iPhone update breaks something (except updates that are only meant to fix what the last one broke).

For instance, iOS9 broke the hotspot feature on the 5S and even after multiple updates to fix other problems, it still doesn't work. That's a substantial feature that would have Windows phones slamming their head against the wall.

As I'm a different person, I can only judge the things I use frequently, not the things you use often. Things like Hotspot... I'm never using. But what I'm using is sms-messaging, e-mailing, calling, listening to music, surfing the net... I would say I use the most basic stuff. Of course every OS has some drawbacks after updates. But you know, breaking something can happen. Coding a big project is not easy. What I was referring to was starting something anew, Like the music app. In WP8.1 they switched a functioning music app with missing features for an ugly app with all features, but slow performance. They could or even should have tried to implement the missing features in the old app and only release the WP10 app in WP10 and do a proper change. Even in W10, the music app is still missing eye catching design. Basically, I have no good experience with music on WP 8-10.
I don't really like IOS and i know there are also features missing or bad implemented, but , but before using my Lumia 920, I used a Samsung Wave (it had bada os, and I would be impressed if you know what that is xD). Today Bada OS is not supported anymore, because it was very very buggy and had a slow performance. But one thing's for sure: I could call a friend on a buggy and 2 years older phone faster than on my Lumia 920 With WP 8 -10. The music app on the Samsung Bada had every feature I needed from start and it worked great (except that the whole os was kinda laggy).
I went a bit off topic there, but my point is, a music app can be done right within the first implementation and doesn't need to be coded a new 3 times within 3 years.
Of course Apple doesgive their music apps new features etc. But how often did they have a completely new Design/App the last 3 years?
I hope I could somehow explain what I meant with my comment before. Have a nice day :)

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
As I'm a different person, I can only judge the things I use frequently, not the things you use often. Things like Hotspot... I'm never using. But what I'm using is sms-messaging, e-mailing, calling, listening to music, surfing the net... I would say I use the most basic stuff. Of course every OS has some drawbacks after updates. But you know, breaking something can happen. Coding a big project is not easy. What I was referring to was starting something anew, Like the music app. In WP8.1 they switched a functioning music app with missing features for an ugly app with all features, but slow performance. They could or even should have tried to implement the missing features in the old app and only release the WP10 app in WP10 and do a proper change. Even in W10, the music app is still missing eye catching design. Basically, I have no good experience with music on WP 8-10.
I don't really like IOS and i know there are also features missing or bad implemented, but , but before using my Lumia 920, I used a Samsung Wave (it had bada os, and I would be impressed if you know what that is xD). Today Bada OS is not supported anymore, because it was very very buggy and had a slow performance. But one thing's for sure: I could call a friend on a buggy and 2 years older phone faster than on my Lumia 920 With WP 8 -10. The music app on the Samsung Bada had every feature I needed from start and it worked great (except that the whole os was kinda laggy).
I went a bit off topic there, but my point is, a music app can be done right within the first implementation and doesn't need to be coded a new 3 times within 3 years.
Of course Apple doesgive their music apps new features etc. But how often did they have a completely new Design/App the last 3 years?
I hope I could somehow explain what I meant with my comment before. Have a nice day :)

How often do you need completely redo a success? Cross that with how many times you have to reboot a complete failure.

You're talking apples and oranges.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
How often do you need completely redo a success? Cross that with how many times you have to reboot a complete failure.

You're talking apples and oranges.

I really don't know what I should write to your reply, sorry. Therefore, I can only wish you a nice day ;)

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know what I should write to your reply, sorry. Therefore, I can only wish you a nice day ;)

Good day to you too sir!

I'm just saying that comparing iTunes to Groove isn't really fair. As with most iphone/Windows phones apps.

Whereas iTunes is the most successful and no render of Groove, Zune, Xbox music or whatever you want to call it has ever been successful. There is no need change something that is already a success even if it sucks. I don't know, who cares...

Raja Venkatesh R

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. Nope. In Win 8.1 update 2, (in Lumia 620, Xolo Q900S, Blu Win HD LTE) TC does not report the caller. Post the call, I have to edit the call-number, copy and paste in truecaller to find the caller. Post identifying, TC offers to download and install Truecaller CallerID app from windows store. But we are never able to find such an app in windows store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb