Visit site
WP 8.1
  • faster
  • more stable

W10M
  • has backgroound image
  • better design of OS
  • word flow on keyboard for more languages
But on W10M on my Lumia 630 6tag, Facebook, Twitter are crushing every time when I try to upload image. So I had to switch back to WP 8.1.

deaftechie15

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Windows Phone from the onset was designed to make it easy to use, with thought given to where controls should be for easy access, content taking precedence over everything else. W10 discards all that and goes for a mish mash of UI styles, control elements with no thought given to making it easy to use. It will obviously have more features as that is where development is focused now but otherwise its a poor upgrade from a WP8.1 device.

agreed some time WP10 Insider Preview is bad due of stuck in gears. so suggest wait until it be ready in shortly. we cant wait to upgrade to WP10

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been using W10m for one month and I think it's much much better than W8.1. However, the lags and crushes are there. I would not recommend to install it in your main phone (I have it in my lumia 920 and my main phone is a 830). It's not mature enough, but I can't wait to start using it with my 830

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Ive been on w10m for a few builds and have had very little trouble on it.Today I gave into the temptation of going back to 8.1,thinking I was missing out on the better performance. I stayed on 8.1 for about an hour until I went back to 10536..8.1 just looks bad compared to 10. 8.1 is more responsive though at this point in time,no lag

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been using W10m for one month and I think it's much much better than W8.1. However, the lags and crushes are there. I would not recommend to install it in your main phone (I have it in my lumia 920 and my main phone is a 830). It's not mature enough, but I can't wait to start using it with my 830

You might actually want to try 10 on your 830 and leave 8.1 on your 920.
Based on my observations and user feedback, Windows 10 is better on the SD400 of the 830 compared to the S4 chip in the 920.

Danny Machado

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not with the same opinion as you, but even so without doubt I prefer the look of W10M, is futuristic and has a good thing with this new design as it will win more users in the future what is good for Microsoft . Of course ... we all have different opinions, we do not have to criticize.
That is, we are getting similar to other OS and this is what users want, app's design ... I speak for myself.

Sorry that english :evil:

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I still prefer the Pivot over a long horizontally scrolling page... A lot easier for me to do it single-handed...

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I dont like the Store because Store on Windows Phone 8.1 is far better, especially on search feature.
Store is indeed better on 8.1, I'm using TP since day one and the new store is probably one of its weakest points, so slow, sluggish with numerous problems regarding updating/installing apps, not to mention that it still miss proper history and few other thing as well but I still like W10M so much that I don't even thinking about rolling back to 8.1.... :)

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Features in w10m are already better, and improving. W10m is way more buggy, but will improve. But in terms of a consistent and thoughtful UI and UX, WP8.1 is miles ahead and there is very little sign of any intention from MS to address the problems in these areas.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I gave up on Windows 10, the software update couldn't be fixed and this was the 2nd time I
had to reset the phone to factory start installing software. I really believe Apple will come out
with IOS 8 or 9 before the Windows 10 phone is truly ready for mass users.
Users should NEVER have to reset their phone to beginning, then re-stall software to get the
phone to a current level. I have 3 Windows phones, Nokia 900, Nokia 520, and BLU WIN HD
LTE. with so many apps coming out today that won't work on the Windows phone is discouraging,
and could be a reason more people are buying Apple and Android phones.
I have the Nokia 520 and BLU phone both on Windows 8.1.

Seem like Microsoft needs to make it so the apps are available so they can get a better share
of the phone market.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I gave up on Windows 10, the software update couldn't be fixed and this was the 2nd time I
had to reset the phone to factory start installing software. I really believe Apple will come out
with IOS 8 or 9 before the Windows 10 phone is truly ready for mass users.
Users should NEVER have to reset their phone to beginning, then re-stall software to get the
phone to a current level.
Uhhh. You DO realize don't you that the insider program is VOLUNTARY! Nobody has to use it and are even told that is a likely consequence.

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Uhhh. You DO realize don't you that the insider program is VOLUNTARY! Nobody has to use it and are even told that is a likely consequence.

Lol. I have said this so many times. Nobody cares to read the instructions, they usually have the patience of a drunken chihuahua.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just finished using the W10M (on my 1520) for about a month but after instability issues I decided to go back to WP 8.1. My conclusion... I'm torn.

At first I was really impressed with W10M. I love how the apps look in the new UI, the windows store, and the messaging app (and everything about it). Though my 'Hey Cortana" didn't work, I really like her new features (like Uber connection, etch). The more I used though...the more annoyed I became. I don't like the overall font language and Outlook feels clumsy. In short, it just felt much more like an Android.

But then I went back to 8.1 and was reminded why I feel in love with WP in the firsts place. In short, though I don't think the app designs are better the overall UI, in my opinion, is MUCH better than W10. When using the mail and calendar apps, for example, it just feels like a much more unique experience. I love that fact that though it's not a purest Metro design (think WP7), it still communicates a unique Metro design (bold, dark, big lines.) Again, W10M does not.

I guess I don't have a choice with W10M around the corner. I'll gain lots of features, etc... but I think I'm really gonna miss WP8.1.

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC One M8 for Windows and I'm in going to give W10M 10586.214 (latest preview build) one more try. Visually, I think the two are almost identical since I set my device up "visually" identically between the two builds; I like WP8's block spaces between tiles and within folders; I wish W10M would do the same; there are no spaces within their folders on the start screen. I do like W10M notification/task bars; they don't have that "bolded" Arial font. I can't stand the only white icons. A few of us remember how a few XDA developers created colored icons that were clean and fresh and what I'd give to have that. Under the hood, I simply don't know what makes W10M better. WP8.x runs as smooth as a baby's behind on my Windows M8. I grant you there are more developed apps for W10M, but I'm hard pressed to believe W10M is better as my primary "driver" at this time. I'm not going to kid y'all; I'm not happy with Microsoft, HTC, and whomever decided to abandon those of us who were there to have our WP7.x devices not receive the WP8.x upgrade and while I understand there were real under the hood differences hardware wise, this is twice and worse, no apparent reason that the Windows M8 won't receive the upgrade; they can't use hardware this go around. But what really gets my goat about this is how promises made can easily be broken and that just bothers me and has left a real sour opinion as to whether I'll go forward with Windows devices after dedicated 10 years to them. And I must admit; it's nice to be different, nice to know that when folks see my phone they are just impressed at the vivid colors and how I and I alone can navigate the device. Then I tell them there's Launcher 8 for Android if you want the family photo album on your start screen. I'm going to give W10M one more go and give it an honest try and assess it later. Now if I cannot get my email to sync properly, this will be a real short experience. Stay tune!

Last edited:

thanhlam1793

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
The only reason to prefer W10M over WP8.1 is if you like Android phones.

Microsoft state openly that they have abandoned much of the innovative user interface and design language of WP8.1, and moved the W10M UI towards a more traditional iOS and Android look-and-feel. This is because they want developers to port their apps from those platforms to W10M, and fundamentally different UI elements make that process much harder.

I hate W10M as a result. If I wanted an Android look-alike I'd buy a real Android phone. Why on earth would I buy a Windows phone if it is deliberately styled to look and work like Android?

I was excited about W10M but now I've gone back to WP8.1, which I love, and it looks like my next phone might as well be Android. :crying:

I agree with you. As I see it, use WP8.1 W10M or individual preference, not because they like it that decry W W other badly. :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3