How would you do things?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
After reading many, many posts on here, some with brilliant ideas, and some with dubious ones, how would you strategize / market the W10M and devices??

I've seen comments about under pricing devices. I've seen much vitriol towards WM by members who remain on the boards. I've seen many positive remarks, and a great deal more negative.

I'm relatively new to this neck of the woods. I was die hard android, as a dev / rom cooker / porter, but with each release performance suffered and OEM's just stuffed the OS with their junk, which slowed it down even more. Debloating meant root, which invalidated your warranty ( thanks Samdung ).

Anyways, how would you upsell W10M / devices? Would you push the continuum aspect? To the uninitiated, how would you demonstrate the benefits of W10M compared to other OS's?? What would be your pricing strategy?? How would you demonstrate the current range of devices??

Over to you.....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Aside from pricing and Continuum there is not much WM10 can do to sway users of Android and iOS.
Pricing strategy needs to mirror that of pure Android Nexus devices and fruit stand stuff is in a different league. I am a multi OS user and I like pure Android on Nexus since it has minimal bloat -mostly Google crap that people don't use much which they are promising will be deletable with Marshmallow.

I think the 950 and 950XL have slightly better features than the newly released 5X and 6P namely in terms of SD card support, wireless charging and OIS on the cameras. So if they price it close to the Nexus devices they can sell more devices even though the app gap problem will remain for the foreseeable future. Giving away a Continuum dock for free can only help the situation since if people are at work they can plug in a monitor and get the PC experience and with a good web browser the necessity of apps kind of fades into the background IMO.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Like your good self, I do like the 'vanilla' android and worked a lot with CM 10, 11 etc. There were still a couple of issues and xposed framework allowed full customisation when root.

I think you could be on to something with the continuum device, especially for the 'professional' / 'work' environment. Can you imagine rocking up at a meeting with no laptop / netbook, just your mobile, plugging it in using the same leads / plugs as the laptop and getting on with a presentation etc. If MS can pull that off, crikey! Lets hope they badger a few companies / law firms etc.

That just leaves the 'non' flagship devices, ie my 640xl et al. How are you going to shift them, or will they just be a token device until the 950's filter down to the minions?? Going to be a bit harder to shift them with no sign of android or iBone slowing down. I guess all the sheep that blindly follow the other OS's need a new shepherd!!

Lets see if MS take that path. I'd happily demonstrate continuum in the UK. I'd be pestering all of the multinationals and banks!! Can I have a free one now??😁

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion