Windows 10 Mobile perspective

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Dear forumers,

I would like to discuss with you one important, in my opinion, question. It is simple: What is the future of Windows 10 Mobile for the ARM architecture?

I can not understand: why Microsoft put so much effort in support of Windows 10 on the ARM processors, which is dominated by iOS and Android, if it is better to migrate on x86 architecture and complete exactly Windows 10 (not mobile version) for displays with a diagonal less than 8 inches?
In that case continium will not be a sham, but the real instrument: it is not worth mentioning the huge number of applications for that platform, as a huge number of supported drivers, which allows connect a bunch of external devices up to external MIDI-keyboard.

One may mention here about energie effecienty. I believe that the current realities indicate an acceptable balance between cost and performance, for example - x86 processors by Intel Atom ( x3 and x5)

MS chose the path that still requires additional research and development by external companies, and they do not run to develop and refine their current applications to new Continium concept (semi PC) for a simple reason: such a small share of market is not worth it. As a result, it seems to me, that the future of the x86(64) operating system and in the end it will absorb 10 Windows Mobile the same way as it already absorbed RT version as a class. So is it worth to wait for Surface Phone?

What do you think?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Not possible now, if ever in near future. Hardware is not ready yet.
Also, there is bigger market for low and mid-range devices, as it is for high end flagships. X64 doesn't fit in that, at least for now.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, there is bigger market for low and mid-range devices, as it is for high end flagships. X64 doesn't fit in that, at least for now.

Why not ready? Let's consider Intel atom x3. Its cheap, it fits the demands. The only question: when MS will extend thier Windows 10 code by "launching Windows 10 Mobile" version in case when diagonal is less than 7-8 inches. Then everything will remain as it was, except that Continuum will be able to run Win32 apps. All, that was required initially

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Believe it or not, ASUS and Lenovo are producing Atom powered Android phones for some time already.... Put it this way, the technology is here, but only a small group of vendors is mastering the art....

And as you said, most of their products are low to mid range devices.....

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After build 2016 and Terry's words it is obvious that the future is for Windows 10 with possibility to run a "Mobile" skin if your gadget has less than 7". Why not? Looking forward to surface phone this autumn.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
According to the latest news, we can now see more clearly that the future is for Windows 10 with ability to launch it's mobile skin when the screen is small, and run as an ordinary desktop PC if you share you screen to external monitor. One thing I was wrong is that MS will bring ARM chip instead of x86. It is still not clear, how fast their emulations process works, but the idea to run Win32 PC apps on one single device will make a new type of devices - phonuter. Hope MS not to cheat us with ability to run this feature on Lumia 950 or Elite x3, but probably they as usual will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)