App conversations

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
First off, this is not ment to be negative..I'm just trying to get an understanding of what is going on.

If it is suppose to be so easy to transfer apps between all the OS's with 10, why haven't apps like CBS and FX (TV) been transferred from Windows 10 to mobile 10 yet? I get it officially hasn't been released yet, but if it is as easy as they say, you'd think they would have just done it already. Anyone know if it is more complicated than they are making it out to be?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I doubt if large corporations would release official apps for an OS that is not officially released.
Fair enough.

The lack of all the TV apps is killing me. TV series was great but pulled under pressure. I wish Microsoft had fought it more. If they dont want to make the apps and in turn want to cry about the third party apps, it sounds like they are helping iPhone form a monopoly.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough.

The lack of all the TV apps is killing me. TV series was great but pulled under pressure. I wish Microsoft had fought it more. If they dont want to make the apps and in turn want to cry about the third party apps, it sounds like they are helping iPhone form a monopoly.
It isn't up to Microsoft to fight takedown notices for apps it did not create. This was an app created by an independent developer. Microsoft has to abide by the law if it receives takedown notices. If anyone wanted to fight it, that would be the developer's responsibility.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It isn't up to Microsoft to fight takedown notices for apps it did not create. This was an app created by an independent developer. Microsoft has to abide by the law if it receives takedown notices. If anyone wanted to fight it, that would be the developer's responsibility.
Last i heard, streaming dvr'ed TV is fine, and that is how DroidTV and WinTV have survived, and how Simple.TV new streaming is going to fall into the legal bounds even though the networks like to pretend it doesnt. Microsoft should look into it a bit more before pulling the apps that are legal. That is why you see the same tv app come and go 20 times.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Last i heard, streaming dvr'ed TV is fine, and that is how DroidTV and WinTV have survived, and how Simple.TV new streaming is going to fall into the legal bounds even though the networks like to pretend it doesnt. Microsoft should look into it a bit more before pulling the apps that are legal. That is why you see the same tv app come and go 20 times.
It isn't Microsoft's job to look into the legality, since the apps were not developed by Microsoft. If the developers wanted to challenge the takedown notices, then they could have done so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss