UWP Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 PC data

drmodify

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyone currently running universal apps for windows 10 PC and windows 10 mobile? I'm planning to get a 950xl here in the UK as pre-order and I just want to know one feature of the UWP if the data in your PC app syncs with the data in your mobile app and vice versa?? does it work for all apps or is it developer/app dependent? coz it says in the msdn it's part of the developers options

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone currently running universal apps for windows 10 PC and windows 10 mobile? I'm planning to get a 950xl here in the UK as pre-order and I just want to know one feature of the UWP if the data in your PC app syncs with the data in your mobile app and vice versa?? does it work for all apps or is it developer/app dependent? coz it says in the msdn it's part of the developers options

That is entirely developer/app dependent. It's up to the developer to use the APIs that allow for roaming data. I think developers are very likely to provide that feature whenever it makes sense for the app however.

drmodify

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
That is entirely developer/app dependent. It's up to the developer to use the APIs that allow for roaming data. I think developers are very likely to provide that feature whenever it makes sense for the app however.

Thanks for the quick heads up mod! I hope they do support it entirely or at least give us the option to sync or not to sync so that it will be of an option to those who want it and not be a pain to have two different sets of data in both the pc and the phone as microsoft claims "Productivity"

StarrWulfe

Aug 29, 2002
j7.textamerica.com
App roaming not only for mobile ↔ PC but also across all and any Win10 devices you're signed into is a hallmark of the next major release called Redstone.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
App roaming not only for mobile ↔ PC but also across all and any Win10 devices you're signed into is a hallmark of the next major release called Redstone.

Data roaming is already supported well enough by the current API set. There is no reason to wait for Redstone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs