What is new in Windows 10 mobile for a user from 8.1/8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehatha33

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What is new in Windows 10 mobile for a user from 8.1/8

So November 12 is gonna be a great day for us as we are stepping into next stage of our O.S(Unified os) and when i said to my friend(Android user), he asked me what is new?? in that brand new os. I could not say anything but universal apps. So help me friends for listing everything that has changed in windows 10 from windows8.1/8

RJames97

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is new in Windows 10 mobile for a user from 8.1/8

One feature I really like is being able to reply to texts from the notification. This allows you to reply without exiting your current app or even unlocking your phone. And if you miss the notification bar, you can slide down the notification menu and reply from there too

mehatha33

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

1.Internet Explorer to Edge
2.Actionable Notifications
3.Continum
4. Supports Universal Apps
5. Full Screen Wallpaper
6.Transparency Bar
7.Low Resuming screens
8.Windows Hello
9. New Action center

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I think the main new feature and the only one that's worth upgrading for is being able to have all the new UWP apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and all those promised apps from facebook, Messenger...)

Other than that, I don't really see anything new. Actually, many great features have been removed, such as the Smart Cam capabilities of the Lumia Camera. And Lumia Refocus, etc. I am also still waiting to get a proper app which will count my steps with the SensorCore (motion data seems to still be broken).

The visual aesthetics are also another reason why you might want to upgrade. I really like being able to make the keyboard smaller on a side on my Lumia 1520 and be finally able to shape-write with one hand after two years.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Refocus is gone???? OH no.....I made some unbelievable family photos with refocus on my 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett