W10M Positive Thread

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: I cant be the only one, I like W10m!

According to those who have measured, W10M is slower than WP8.1 at pretty much everything.
And I doubt any of the builds we have seen so far have any kind of debug or crash logging or other developer stuff enabled, and the build that goes public won't have all of that optimized. /s

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

And I doubt any of the builds we have seen so far have any kind of debug or crash logging or other developer stuff enabled, and the build that goes public won't have all of that optimized. /s

I have no idea. Do you? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I suspect that as of 10581 the OS is a release build. Crash logging is always enabled, even in release builds. You're obviously right though that we can't really know.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Crap. I was happy with 8.1 and was going to hold off until RTM to install WP10. Now idk

I'm holding out for official. My BLU Win HD LTE should be an early candidate after RTM to get an OTA.

My 1520.3 may not even get that OTA and after I evaluate 10 on a lesser device I will know if I want the bother of Insidering my Beast.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm holding out for official. My BLU Win HD LTE should be an early candidate after RTM to get an OTA.

My 1520.3 may not even get that OTA and after I evaluate 10 on a lesser device I will know if I want the bother of Insidering my Beast.

I doubt MS will be that silly to leave out the 1520 then again sillier things have happened....

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

I agree with the OP - Windows 10 Mobile is amazing! I'm only leaving it if Microsoft pulls the plug (which is too important for that to happen)

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

agreed with OP. Loving Windows 10 build 10581 on my 640. what I can do with WP 10 compared to WP 8.1 is night and day. they have got almost all the things right this time. once this hits the market, the mobile world will change dramatically in next few months. really happy I stepped on the WP10 train.....

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

very happy 1020 user with w10m here too, bests 8.1 now for me with the prior issues i had. bring on RTM!

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Windows 10 on my Lumia 920 is awesome. I love all the changes they made from the start screen, to the smallest changes. It fills fluid, smooth and modern.

But there is some room for changes they need to fix some UI/UX inconsistencies, like the way hamburger works.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Beyond the horrendous pop-out menus and the bugs, I'm pretty much fine with it. I find it strange that they don't have the image on the lockscreen move when unllocking the phone, only the text. But really, it's basically fine. Having the flashlight on my action center is nice. The Xbox app tops the SmartGlass one. The new search and browser are a bit buggy and can be a bother, but I assume they'll be better by the final release.

For the most part, it's just there. I don't use much for apps, so I can't say W10M has done anything to improve app availability. I'm mostly disappointed in the lack of information with the platform's availability, be it software (Astoria/Islandwood/etc.) or hardware (Lumias in U.S.).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Nah, not that I dont like it, in fact, I really like where they are going with W10m... I am using it on my 929/ICON, I would upgrade to a 950XL, if Verizon would get it..

Right now, my only dislikes are the bugs. As we are in a preview/beta, there are a few annoying bugs, I am sure they will be adressed but, at this point that is my ONLY dislike (and battery life but, again, beta/preview). Some little querky things here and there but nothing major that really bothers me.

Just hope Universal apps solve the app gap, at least a little. As with W10m, feature for feature, it's matches up with Android and iOS devices (SUPPORTED FEATURES), if not more (950/950XL), the largest complaint is the app gap....

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed how well this current build has been on my Lumia 635 backup phone. Just waiting for the official release on my Lumia 640 XL.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It might not be among the first devices and gets added soon after or it's not complete. Hopefully it's either of the 2. The Icon isn't listed either and sometimes it's separated from the 930. But there's always the Insider program for builds...

Oh I believe there will be a second wave of OTA to legacy devices that are a bit older and have 8GB+ internal and 1GB+ RAM. But I'm also realistic and note it has not been promised. Thus I have my alternate plan.

I would love nothing more that to have Official 10 on my 1520.3.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I like it a lot too, definitely heading in the right direction and I am using it (on L930) as my daily driver now... with some minor issues.

A bug that only started yesterday morning was that I cancelled my alarm in the normal way when it sounded, but it then immediately popped up again and carried on with the alarm sound, so i had to cancel it again. It did it again this morning, so bugs are not always apparent straight away. A soft reset did not resolve this issue as I already did that to try and cure an altogether more serious issue yesterday (and ongoing) whereby I have no data throughput over 3G/4G, but this may not be anything to do with Windows 10 - still looking into it at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99